Slow Control

54 Posts | Latest reply on 05/05/2013 12:09:19 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i think the comment about practising in big car park was for Nikki ... not you hun lulu ya nutta hahahahahaha LOL   well anyhow hugs lulu chick.... we all have our opinions and anyhow emz calls me intellectually challenged so i wouldnt worry pmsl hahahaha Party LOL   < runs and hides with some banana skins to throw out as necessary... xxx   sounds like you are bein hard on yaself nikki ~ ya doin a grande job chick and some good advice above from everyone   i was told to use clutch on biting point adn revs to keep it going at walking pace bt very stable... on my lessons  and back break if needs be... anyhow i just do what i have to now....                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks everyone, all the advice is really helpful however to practice in an 'empty' car park seems I have to get up at 5am to pop down to Morrisons before all the mad shoppers get down there lol LOL  If only I lived somewhere like America with all that space instead of this crowded island!!!  I'm gonna ask my instructor if for my next lesson we can do a two hour lesson on slow control and on getting a bike with a long wheel base like mine round those pesky mini roundabouts!  Time to buy a YBR guys?? Wink

Cheers! xx

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Lulu I'm sorry if you thought I was "having a go" at you Embarrassed   My comments were directed a Nikki and any other "newbies" who might be reading the thread Approve   Opinions expressed in forums are just that, "opinions" Ermm   They are rarely "personal" and when so directed are often "tongue in cheek" Wink   Nikki, I think your plan to ask for a "specific" slow riding session is a great idea Thumbs Up   One that will pay long term dividends Approve   Is there an industrial estate nearby where you might find room to practice after your "official" session Question   All practice is valuable when you are starting out on a biking life Smile   When it comes time to take your tests you will be glad you put the effort in Big smile   All the best with all your future biking Nikki Thumbs Up   And sorry again to Lulu Embarrassed   I'm sure that Nikki appreciates all input but especially from fellow lady riders Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                   
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm really grateful for all of the advice that I have had on this forum, people have been so friendly and helpful.  So I practiced slow control figure of eights today and it seems it's about the correct amount of clutch/throttle control and enough throttle to get you through the turn without dropping the bike but not letting it run away with you if that makes any sense?  I didnt use the rear brake at all today and was happy with that but will continue to adjust my technique through experience and professional guidance from my instructor.  Looking where you want to go has been an invaluable piece of advice for me.  If I look at the kerb because I am worried about hitting it, I almost hit it!  And Emzed is right, it's great to have so many lady bikers on here and recive their 'sister' wisdom.  Keep it coming, and thanks guys :-)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh, and Emzed, the only industrial estate near me which would be a possibilty for practising is now full of potholes post-icy weather! Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                              
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

To this day i still use the rear break on my bike to do slow maneuvering it helps keep the bike up right and makes it so much easier to control at slow speeds ...It does take a little practice to get into the habit but once you have mastered it the mist rises Thumbs Up All the best ...                                                                                                                                                                                  
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I have more DAS training tomorrow - lots of slow control practice but I nearly burned the clutch out last time !! Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Good luck tomorrow gbc2010 Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Have fun doing it.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good for you gbc, I am saying nothing more...in case I get grumpy again....sorry folks.....Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

I can't believe you could be grumpy Lulu. Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh I am a right b***h at times....Cry don't mean it tho' Ragnar....its just my gob runs away with me ..... xxxxHugxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

I thought that was something to do with being a certain sex.   Why do I regret saying that already?                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey Ragnar both the sexes are as bad as each other hon, men are grumpy and women are moody ok?......ok???? Grrrrrr!!! hahahaha LOL xx   on another note, hope gbc did ok today ....Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Rags Evil Smile   see Lulu.......... it's all their fault........... LOL... remind me again which rallies you are going to Rags??????????!!!!!! and what colour your tent is..........                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yeah hope you had fun buring out them clutches gbc Thumbs Up and hope you feel you have mastered it a bit more.... xx
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yep Suzi Ill join ya hunt him down hahaha   Some women may let their gobs run away with them but some men NEED to open theirs in the first place or we don't know what the heck youse want!!!   Oh god have I started another row?  LOL xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Don't tell them you are in the green tent Ragnar Thumbs Up  Ermm....whoops Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers David xxLOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 683 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption