Central Scotland meet up 16 March, anyone?

23 Posts | Latest reply on 19/03/2013 00:06:37 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I saw in MCN that Firecrest are having a promo day of sorts next Saturday – 16th March, 11 am to 4 pm.
If you don’t know them, they’re a small m/c outfitter shop just off the M8 at junction 11 and the event seems to be introducing Held Rider Equipment to their stock. Anyway, they’re putting up free chilli and cake and seem to also be doing some kind of prize draw. (They did a hog roast when they opened last years and it really was worth the trip - not that it’s far for me!)
I expect I’ll be there in the afternoon and wonder if it might be of interest to anyone else. Be good to meet some of you and maybe start planning to occasional ride? I wouldn't go so far as putting it on the events page – just putting out feelers                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Sorry, don't know why that all came out whiteConfused
try again:
I saw in MCN that Firecrest are having a promo day of sorts
next Saturday – 16th March, 11 am to 4 pm.
If you don’t know them, they’re a small m/c outfitter shop just
off the M8 at junction 11 and the event seems to be introducing Held Rider
Equipment to their stock. Anyway, they’re putting up free chilli and cake and
seem to also be doing some kind of prize draw. (They did a hog roast when they
opened last years and it really was worth the trip - not that it’s far for me!)

I expect I’ll be there in the afternoon and wonder if it
might be of interest to anyone else. Be good to meet some of you and maybe
start planning to occasional ride? I wouldn't go so far as putting it on the
events page – just putting out feelers.

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Arrrgggghhh!
If you can't be bothered to paste the above so that you can read it I'll type it again...

Firecrest motorcycle outfitters. Big Chilli Cookout = free chilli and cake, Saturday 16th March, 11 am to 4 pm.
Launching Held Rider Equipment to their stock. They're a small accessories shop just off Junction 11 of the M8 and I'll be there in the afternoon and wondered if anyone else might pop along and introduced themselves. Be nice to meet some other BM'ers and maybe plan a ride?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds good Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rangergordy's Profile
rangergordy

In: Kirkcaldy, Fife

Hi, I would be up for a meet, sounds good                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

sounds like a plan , as long as today's blizzard stops . Minus two is a bit cool for the bike (I'm a temperature pouf ) lol
Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
rangergordy's Profile
rangergordy

Sounds good, what time is the meet?                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

I will be there a little before 2.30 and will probably be around for at least an hour. Don't think I'll be on the bike so I'll have a flask of coffee handy in the car - in case Firecrest don't have or should run out. Coffee is fuel to me! Hope to see some of you in person.   M8, Junction 11, heading south (Queenslie): At the first lights after those controlling the motorway exit slip, about 200-300 yards, take a left; after 80 yards go right off the roundabout on to Summerlee Street; barely another 80 yards and turn left to Weardale Lane. You will see Firecrest up on your left and can probably park right there and walk up, or continue round the block to park outside their unit.                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

BUMP

In the newbies forums everyone says "jump right in" and "get to some meets" but there's pretty little of that going on up here Disapprove and yet we have some fantastic roads AND the scenery to match, so come on peeps Clap, let's kickstart the riding season - it's going to be great Cool (I promise). Wink 
Come say hi in person, don't just nod in passing.                                                                                                                                                                             
rangergordy's Profile
rangergordy

I've noticed there is little meets going on in Scotland as well. As it's getting into better weather, allegedly, there should be more meet ups                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm hoping to take a ride over to the firecrest thing tomorrow about 2 o clock. There's also an open day at MCS in Renfrew that I'm going to in the morning                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Made it over to Firecrest today. Great shop and fantastic chilli and cake. Nice to meet you Izzy Thumbs Up pity about the weather
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Good to have met you too Colin and all credit to you for riding today - you must have been freezing. It's good to know you got home safe.
We need to start a new thread to get some more members out to meet up - but maybe wait for the weather to improve first!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Agreed Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Sorry I missed this izzy, good on you for arranging it - i've not been well this weekend or would have come through for sure - hope to meet you soon Smile

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Thanks Bobkat but I can't take any credit - just put it up here and said I'd be there m'self.
It was a pretty miserable day for biking, as zed can testify, but it was good to meet another member.
Here's hoping that spring isn't far away - I'm told it's "on Thursday" in Poland, LOL - and that there'll be more exciting opportunities for riding coming our way soon.
Hope you're feeling better now, there have been a lot of nasty bugs around this winter. Take care.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

I was working Cry

Spring is just around the corner get some runs up into Highlands

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Tell me when, tell me where ....                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Nice to see a newbie sorting out a meet-up, good on you Izzy Thumbs Up and good on Colin for getting there too (riding? mad fool lol)   Kate, hope you feel better soon                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

Soon as we get a decent bit of weather i'm doing a big run up to Skye and back from Edinburgh which be next few weeks so will post on forums.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 935 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption