Giz a lift?

53 Posts | Latest reply on 19/02/2013 22:31:21 by non-hotmale | Go to original / last post
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

How exactly does the lift request work . Two people camping separately is an awful lot of gear to put on one bike . Or , is one expected to have a houseguest for the weekend. ? Or, is it realy just for the car campers to fill one car with gear and the passengers to arrive on a bike . ? Or ,,,, any other suggestions ? Coz I can't think how else it would work . Dusty x
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Giz a lift does not only apply to camping.   Altho 2 wiz gear needs a bit o thort.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

I understand the .giz a lift' on a ride out . No problem there . I was wondering about the camping scenario in particular . Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well i gues you sort it out with them dont you?? surely for rallies etc no one would expect you to take all their tent,. sleeping bag, etc as well as yours??!! pmsl i dunno never really thought about it   i would say pm the person who you are willing to take and sort it between you?? just as suggestion.... talking is always a good option pmsl Party                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I collected Bartonbell and took her to Rumble in the Marshes Thumbs Up   No problem Wink   Took all the gear for both of us to camp seperately Approve   If you want to do it it "can" be done Smile   I think the pics are still on events Cool   Not seen her since though Ermm                                                                                                                                                                               
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

When I've taken mates to rallies we've always got someone who's riding solo to take the extra gear, but a lot of the time there was about 10 of us so it was easy.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Please note it is possible for friends of the opposite sex to share a tent. This makes it a damn site easier to pack luggage.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I don't have a tent, but don't mind taking a pillion who's paying for the B&B Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Now yr just taking the pillion, ft...                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

@ 7.62 , brilliant idea . I support that 100% Dusty x .

Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

I offered to take camping gear etc to the Kiss2 rally last year and we filled my Mondeo estate right up with kit that allowed folks to travel light on the bikes. It worked well, and we did it just by swapping messages in the week before.

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

hi XK re . sharing your tent with a friend of the opposite sex . Well of course I meant a woman . I'm not gonner take a bloke on my bike or share my tent with a bloke am I ? Ya Perv . Lol . Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Why not Dusty Wacko   Don't you have mates of the same gender who you can trust Confused   Or is it that you don't trust yourself  LOL   And what's wrong with giving a bloke a lift Ermm   I've travelled thousands of miles with male pillions Approve   And pillioned with loads of  blokes Thumbs Up   Never given it a second thought Cool   Pillion seats aren't a female preserve Wink   It's just a seat for a passenger Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

It is possible to tent share with a mate of either gender....just have to make sure everybody is clear about whether hanky panky is on the agenda or not Wink

Ability to giggle is a must though Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

We are getting way off the topic of '' If you put your name down on an event as a person offering a lift . What does this entail ''?
Friends on the back , no problemo .
Friends in a tent , no problemo.

NOW PAY ATTENTION ,THIS BITS IMPORTANT .

IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO PUT YOUR NAME DOWN AS A POTENTIAL "LIFT GIVER" IN ORDER TO TAKE A FRIEND (OF EITHER SEX) TO A FU@@ING RALLY.

Now then , if anyone knows ' what is expected from a potential '' lift giver'' please reply on this thread .
Dusty x

p.s. Minnie , the thought of hanky panky had never
crossed my mind .
OMG , my pants are on fire , and my hair is sticking up like a telephone wire ......

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

If you offer a lift thats it a lift no more no less fuel cost should be shared                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I guess this must be due to my old school nature, but surely a "biker's" priority should be having their own bike on the road & going to a rally secondary to that.

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Thanks JP, some wisdom at last .
Only the use of the back seat for half the fuel costs .
So that's a cheaper trip for me and more people's company to enjoy at the event .
I like the sound of that , thanks .
Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Flat tracker unfortunately some folk are not in a position to afford a bike. It could be be someone is just getting into the bike scene and needs that bit of a push to go out and take the plunge in buying a bike maybe there a learner and the run is just too far for there bike or there skill level or she has a great ass lol
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well if she has a great arse & likes plunging, count me in ....I thought we'd ruled out that sort of stuff earlier on this thread ....haha

I'll never ride pillion though as a matter of pride, too many threats of fines & threats of being busted down to prospect, when I've had a bike off the road, in the past have made me this way.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9375 seconds. There are 513 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption