MCN Excel London 15/17th February 2013

50 Posts | Latest reply on 04/03/2013 23:55:20 by rockchickeelicious | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I went on Sunday only stayed a couple of hours.... I thought it was very poor..... And the prices ...can't see how they can justify it...£6.95 for a cheese burger... Bloody cardboard one at that.... Everything was so expensive.......... I think it's my last..... As usual the cost cutting will be the death of it.. The guys who had the stands were saying they were being charged ludicrous prices for the plots...
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

Good to see some of you on Sunday, and put names to faces, some pics up now on events page.

Always expensive at the excell, unless your on a bike the parking is a real rip off especially for our disabled colleagues who don't have a choice.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I asked at work why we didn't have a stand there and was told it cost £30k for one.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

I asked at work why we didn't have a stand there and was told it cost £30k for one. how true i don't know, but seems abit over the top.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

We looked at a BM stand at the nec and was well over a grand for the classic show so would have thought it would be at least double for the main show unless your big and can lose it against tax your pushed out on cost alone                                                                                                                                                                              
xj's Profile
xj

That much for a stand, £20 each to get in and they're cost cutting??? Looking at the number of people on sunday alone someone is making an awful lot of money.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Guys it is always like that at the big rally's....they always say we don't make money at them...... I don't believe it for a moment....someone is always making money... I know of one food vender who refused to put his prices up at a rally said he didn't want to give himself a bad rep when he usually sold for a set price everywhere else.... and was told if he didn't do it he would not be allowed to trade.....
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W

Johnny isn't a rally different to a show?, I would have thought the prices at a rally would be cheaper than at a show, especially an indoor show Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
akceller8's Profile
akceller8

In: Folkestone

Johny, I've heard of that happening at the airshow where I used to work. A friend of mine with a burger wagon was threatened by the other stall holders because their prices were too low. It's not the organisers of the show that set the food prices, just the pitch prices.

I saved my mates a fortune by getting them burgers from SR Mess tent where we had our own bbq. lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Apologies to everyone that I was so hung over from Guinness Red Wine and Tequila the night before that I didn't make it till 12.45 and that the only person I saw was Lolc aka Lawrence.. But we did have a wickedly lush day! Sadly.. this is first time I have had a chance to post about it...

From the day itself.. all I got out of it was spending time with two people I care about.. some shammy leathers.. a heated pack for my breaking back.. a massage and confirmation of the "Big Bike" I want to ride... Oh and an wickedly lush iced coffee.. although I probably could have put a down payment on said bike if had not have had coffee!

But.. would still go again... 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8906 seconds. There are 581 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption