Off on another big trip!

25 Posts | Latest reply on 20/10/2012 10:41:06 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Half Baked Henry's Profile
Half Baked Henry

In: Marshfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Dear all, I'm off on another big trip,but this time I'm doing it  properly! I've quit my job,  sold my house and built my own bike - whichIshould be getting resgistered tomorrow.  It's a refurbished Metisse racing frame from the 60's with the iconic Triumph 650 twin in it, and a load of random orhand-made bits holding it all together. I even had to learn how to use a metal lathe to get it done,am well proud!   I'm raising money for riders for health, if you'd like to follow along with the antics as they unfold  or show your support by donating to Riders (who are ace - they provide motorcycle based medical outreach in remote parts of Africa) the blog and alink to my justgiving page are at www.aclassicadventure.co.uk   Take it easy folks and happy riding!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Very Well done and lots of luck with all you do.... have a great journey...Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
lawnmower's Profile
lawnmower

In: Nirvana
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Way to go HBH.  

Clap

Half Baked Henry

Thanks!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Moving this to the 'general' forum   Yep good luck Henry Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I think 'well-named'...but i really wish u all the bestThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Well done Henry Thumbs Up   A BOLD move Approve   Maybe you're not as "Half Baked" as you make out Wink   Best o luck Handshake                                                                                                                                                                               
Half Baked Henry

Cheers folks, it sailed through  it's MoT and as the advisory note was hand-written and said 'get psychiatric help' Idon't think it had anything to do with the  bike!  First proper ride on it today.  Technically I  was only allowed to go 'directly' to aplace of testing and then back again, but luckily I got lost on the way back and had a great magical mystery tour of the back roads of Oxfordshire.  It sure doesn't handle the bends like the Bandit but everyone I beaned it past turned round and smiled, andwhen I got off my teeth were still shaking in my head and I was giggling like a schoolgirl, great fun!
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Adore this thread!!

Ridiculously insanely jealous too!!

Manohman.. way to go!! 

And echoing Emz's comments.. there is nothing half baked about this or you.. Absolutely classic and I'm smiling too.. teeth are where they are meant to be but my smile is genuine and this has really caught my imagination!!

Cheers for that lovely! Enjoy EVERY last second of your EPIC Journey!! Whhhhhhhhhooooo Hoooooooooooo!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

The world should be filled with crazy bikers like you...it would be a much better place. Big smile
Will look forward to updates. Good luck Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

PS Hope you keep tags on your special butterfly Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Chasing Butterflies... ~ I just cried Cry but with a smiley face..

You caught my imagination yesterday.. now it's being held to ransom in a jam jar... I need to see and hear more.. your website is now starred as a favourite and I too hope you catch your butterfly!

And Alice lovely.. what a beautiful heartfelt thing to say.. 

"The world should be filled with crazy bikers like you...it would be a much better place" 

so true and made me *squidge*

Half Baked Henry

Aww thanks guys, and thanks for the donations to Riders for Health, well stoked!!   I'll see if I can find a way to upload the short story about the butterfly onto my site, it's a bit esoteric but I think you might like it, a couple of people have said it should get published  but I'm a bit on the fence.                                                                                                                                                                             
Half Baked Henry

Aaaargh, come on numberplate, I want to be riding my new bike!!!  Anyone want to buy 'the beast from the east' off me - Bandit 600?                                                                                                                                                                             
Carolerd350's Profile
Carolerd350

In: Brentwood
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Henry - I take my lid off to you.  Very best of luck.  I look forward to following your story... and a happy ending Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Good luck with your adventure. I am sure you will be successful as you have age and enthusiasm on your side. Have a brilliant time Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Pity more folk aint half baked as Henry is...Especially in govt(actually doing something to help others!)   Good luck with your travels Henry, I hope your new machine is as steadfast as your good self, looking forward to following your travelsThumbs Up.   Stick the bandit on the classified ads section, include the price and have some piccies on your profile, should sell.                                                                                                                                                                             
Half Baked Henry

Cheers folks!!  I'm running the bike in now, so let me know if you fancy going for a ride.  I'll be 'around Bradford' on Monday then heading down south, need to be near Chippenham Wednesday, then Wales on Thursday, Kent on Friday and (if it's run in OK....) France on Saturday, yay!!!
rockchickeelicious

Whooooooooo Hoooooooo!!

Ride Safe and keep us posted!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Half Baked Henry

Todays ride to Bradford was great, but arrived too late for the Pakistani consulate - first thing start tomorrow!   On the way back into Sheffield the engine  suddenly gota lot louder - it seems my exhaust snapped  in half on one side. It sounds fantastic!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 575 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption