Opinions needed - Xmas Party

80 Posts | Latest reply on 03/07/2012 20:15:33 by JP | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Blackpool is quite central considering the folks from Scotland and N. Ireland who also want to go.

Creating a Xmas party for other areas is always possible but it takes a lot of coordination and someone to really pull their finger out and do it.  If anyone wants to volunteer please feel free.  Start a new topic (in General Chat) to gauge interest and then add the final details to the calendar.

That being said, if you make a long weekend of it in Blackpool (Friday - Sunday?) then it could be well worth the cost of going.  It will be a great party in a location with lots of activities available any time of day.                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Blackpool? lived there briefly.....what a hell hole...btw as i remember its dead as a door nail from november til easter...dont count on any "activities" other than bars being open                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Kwakgirl is pretty much spot on, once the lights have been switched off in early November not a lot happens                                                                                                                                                                             
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

So why not an early chrimbo party so we don't miss the lights, not seen them since I was a nipper. Are they still as cheesy nowadays? Don't think theres much on in November anyways or am I wrong?   With regards to £60.00, i think no matter where in the country the xmas bash is held, it will cost peeps that anyways with finding their own accom etc. Unless theres camping available.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you`ll have to go early in Nov. Bomb, the lights this year go off on 4th                                                                                                                                                                             
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

Could it still be an option though?                                                                                                                                                                             
hurtz's Profile
hurtz

In: Farnborough

I woud be more than happy just to walk along or ride alone the coastline. I love the chance to do this and that alone would be enuf.. As someone who does not have easy access to any coastal location, this will be good. Party

I have also been looking at other travel arrangements as I would be one of those that don't have their own transport.. Blackpool appears to be a good destination as it seems to be a place that a  lot of the Coach companies go to, and on review, offer much cheaper travel options for those that book well in advance.. In fact in some cases much cheaper than car pooling.. Just another option. Thumbs Up

Also would be a much better option in some cases allowing the xmas do to be a lot merrier.. with no risk of being over the limit.. Beer                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

Hurtz - you wanna walk along the prom in december? bring your thermals girl....and an umbrella! Shocked LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I think £60 for one nights accom and a BM only venue at christmas is a good deal.  Main expense is travel costs, you can cut that by car sharing, getting to Blackpool from anywhere in the country will involve passing other members home towns so car sharing should be possible for most people.  I know Blacpool is a long drive for southerners but here is an idea: A couple of members share a car and drive from down south to  the Birmingham, Nottingham, Derby areas, leave their car there and car share with members from those areas. Cutting costs and driving times                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

I have a mate who is a coach driver and based in notts if the south east and mids can get about 45 to notts could be a deal to be struck on coach travel ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Good thinking Old Un, see you do have a brain lol                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

Well you let me know if you need a number and we will see how it pans out ?                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

i would be in if coach arranged otherwise too much money for meCry would love to come though
kcsdata's Profile
kcsdata

In: Knutsford
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Went to the Borwick Hall do last Xmas, and the cost of Blackpool wouldn't be a lot different. And staying the night is a lot better than trying to drive home after partying. I would be up for it.   John                                                                                                                                                                             
Annie C's Profile
Annie C

In: Manchester

I'd defo be up for this too!! been looking at prices for coaches, and if you book early enough you can get some good deals Thumbs Up

Annie Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

onions? i've got tons of onions hanging in my shed,how many do you want.....................wassat? opinions,bugger!                                                                                                                                                                              
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

Blackpool hotels usually put on a good time for xmas party,s, and £60 sounds good to me. count me in please.x                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Few more opinions required please folks :)                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

bacon sarnies are better than sausage sarnies                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

have to remember to put my glasses on . . . I thought you were after Onions for a Christmas party!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 547 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption