Opinions needed - Xmas Party

80 Posts | Latest reply on 03/07/2012 20:15:33 by JP | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Previous xmas parties have been pub based tickets have cost £2 to £3 per person, with folk being responsible for sorting out their own accommodation food etc. 

Have been offered an inclusive deal at a hotel in Blackpool which includes, 3 course xmas meal sat night followed by DJ and band, overight stay and breakfast on Sunday morning at £60 per person. 

I think its good value for money but am aware that either way means extra costs for fuel and drinks, and the lead up to Xmas is never a time when folk have money to burn :)

So i am looking for your guys thoughts and feedback. Thumbs Up

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Sounds good deal when you look at what you get  just have fuel cost and drinks to add                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hmmm, as you say it is good value...But will it be the usual 'Christmas' Hotel do where you're in a big room with loads of other groups of people? Not that this is a problem or will it be a BM only crowd? Just wondering cos of what music the DJ's likely to play lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

BM only, hotel would be ours for the weekend :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

hmmm..tempted - it's just the £200+ it's likely to cost us...Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Thats my only concern, the overall cost rather than the £60                                                                                                                                                                               
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Even though me and Stroggy aren't that far away, once you factor in the beer tokens as hotels usually have inflated prices, it could be quite pricey. 

On the wahooo side is that it will be a BM only party, so I would be a "maybe" on this one..                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Just food for thought folks, those of you who attended last years party, do a quick mental note to see how much it cost when you add up, food sat night, ticket money, hotel overnight and breakfast sunday morning.  Just for a wee bit of perspective regarding the price :)
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Its a good idea but once I added on drinks and fuel cost etc, it would be out of my price range                                                                                                                                                                              
baza 2458's Profile
baza 2458

In: brighton

ill be there                                                                                                                                                                              
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

It's a good value deal but out of my price range. That's not to say it shouldn't happen but I suspect anyone living too far away would find it too much for a night out. Fuel costs are increasing, as are rail fares so makes it very expensive for anyone who needs to travel any distance.

clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Sounds good to me. Definaely interested.

Just a thought, assuming the weather wouldnt be great at that time of year and Christmas is a few months away yet.  Could a few people not get together and come in a car, sharing the cost, might make it more economic ?
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

good point Clarkee and one I hadn't thought about. Hum, maybe it's doable after all.                                                                                                                                                                             
pinkstorm's Profile
pinkstorm

In: Chester

I enjoyed the xmas do but it would have been better with a later bar, i may be the only one, but i wouldnt want a meal and then go on drinking - would the meal be optional. £60 is not a bad price though, i would pay it :o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

In: Liverpool

sounds good to me but would all depend on whether i'm working or not as to whether i could attendConfused

how about the regional events teams doing a "local" do and then peeps can attend whichever one suits (travelling or not, as the case may be)

just a thought
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

sounds like the dogs bollocks , crimbo is on a tuesday , so what date do you have in mind? .                                                                                                                                                                              
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later

tis a bit far for me , done brum last year ............ and rode home at 3am , dont want ta steal your glory BJ , but would any one want a southen party as well ?                                                                                                                                                                               
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

pardeeeeeeeeeee,i'm in                                                                                                                                                                             
hurtz's Profile
hurtz

In: Farnborough

Southern party would be great although I know theres not so many to get together. Some people to meet more locally would be better than not being able to make it at all.
Great way to round the year of though.

hurtz's Profile
hurtz

In: Farnborough

OOh just read blackpool, could go and visit some close friends, bring it on. Car pooling sounds a good way of cutting costs, if you come from an area with others that will go. I'd be up for it. Smile

Just a quick question.. Would this be an adults only do? Just so I know if my likkle un can go and rough costs..

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 566 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption