How do you delete your account

35 Posts | Latest reply on 05/05/2012 11:30:42 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Even just a tick box and option to move to another folder would be a simple but effective way of moving it. To be fair, this is exactly what i'm on about, we seem to pay lots for full membership but nothing seems to be updated on the site. The site has been exactly the same since I joined it. Does make you wonder where the membership money is going if it's not going on site update....

Previously worked as a web designer and know it wouldn't be a difficult or time consuming task to do, just to give us the option to move photos.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

To be fair LMF Matt has put a lot of his own money into keeping Biker Match on line. He has spent a lot of his own money, not member's money, on advertising too, for without new members the site would eventually die.   I've been a member since the site was 3 months old and it has improved vastly.   It started out with just one forum and no chat room, imagine if those of us, who were members back then, decided to not bother cos it was boring, the site would have died for sure. Matt persevered and did his best to attract others to join.   Not all members pay fees.   The fee is quite small in comparison to what we get in return, IMHO                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sandi, not to be funny or anything but do you know the ins and outs of running a website?

Also the math. How many full members does BM have? x membership fee per year. For example, 100 members subscribing for 1 year = more than running costs for a site per year. If you are paying for a service you expect the service to be up to date, have updates on a regular basis, satisfy members needs etc. Simple rules of customer service.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The fee is not small, look at other similar site and they are free of charge for same full member access rights as BM. Example, match.com is £12.99 for 6 months (comparison done on BM being a "dating" site, or not, however you want to look at it).                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

No, I don't.   I have an idea how much advertising is and I also know that Matt has BM on its own servers, not shared.   I also know he spends hours, even when not feeling up to it, trying to keep the site going when it gets a glitch, and he has a full time job.   You, and everyone else have a choice, you don't have to pay the fee.                                                                                                                                                                                  
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

shhhh... no need to shout LOL

LMF.... sometimes Matt needs a prod (with a big stick Shocked ) cos he is a little forgetful Confused and any techy stuff the guy works his butt off to sort as soon as possible, he will usually reply to any suggestions even if it's to tell you it's a no go and why.

He's probably looking into in now that you've posted it Thumbs Up  (again... )

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I'm not only forgetful but I've just had MASSIVE surgery on my spine and the recovery is not going well at all at the moment.  Things took a turn for the worse about 2 weeks ago and now I'm suffering badly again. I have to go into hospital again Tuesday to discuss with my surgeon.

You might well have been a web designer previously but did you ever have to sit programming a small new update on a website after coming out of surgery on  your spine? I bet not.  Hence I'm only doing CRITICAL things at the moment (like helping people who contact me with serious issue getting online, or complaints about others etc).

If people want the chatroom colours changing, or a button to move photos between albums... it'll have to WAIT because it's very minor.  And actually all the dynamic code to update the database, check the foto is yours, find a position for the new button etc - it IS a big job and will take me a good few hours.  Considering im still off sick from my day job I'd hope you can understand I wont be making my health worse for these little updates.

As for money... well I'm sick to the back teeth of bloody explaining this now.  BM has run at a loss for years, I've put 10's of 1,000's of MY OWN MONEY into running it.  I spent 3.5 years making BM before it even went live - all unpaid hours.  Did you do that as a web designer? NO!

You might want to call Facebook, Google, Bike/MCN magazines etc and ask how much BM pays every single month for advertising.  I'll tell you IT'S MANY THOUSANDS!!!!!  Yes, PER MONTH.  90% of BM income goes into making sure we have new members coming in all the time.  Why? Cos otherwise the site dies, like every other site.  Who wants to be on a social/dating site with no members? Nobody of course!

If Match.com has what you need... please go!  But stop moaning here if you're gonna stay.  You've absolutely no idea how much hard work I and others put into making this site work for you.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well now, if it is relatively easy to do and wouldn't take much perhaps and please don't take this as a dig, either of you......and I am no programmer maybe LMF would like to do it for you Matt and in return instead of a fee maybe a years subscription free???? Save you the trouble when your laid up and would save her money on the site???
Matt's Profile
Matt

Johnny,

I'll get it done shortly, don't worry.  Would have been done by now if my back was better (and I'd remembered lol, I do indeed need a prod sometimes).

I wont give anyone access to the BM code though for security reasons.

But the issue isn't of making updates (see updates i made to calendar last week etc).... it's about everyone's mis-understanding of the running costs of BM!!  it's really annoying me now.  BM isn't just a server and that's it.... it's a LOT more than that.  And the bulk of the expenses are advertising and tax.  I get nothing from it really (except a couple of trips to BM events in the UK per year, and the staff dinner at Christmas).                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Well if me and Bill went to a staff dinner you would be skint after you payed the bill                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

You're always welcome every Christmas, all staff are. And the bill is always covered of course!  Thumbs Up

It's a small thank-you from myself and all the members of BM for the hard work you guys do all year and I doubt any member of BM would disagree that it's money well spent.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

Matt sorry to hear your op not as succcesful as it might have been. I hope it imroves and you get to drive the Ferrari again soon......LOL

As for folk leaving the site well its always gonna happen, nothin stays the same for ever,dnt worry I sure you got the site about right and it DOES improve almost weekly due to your hard work and great attitude.

I have spoken many times to LMF and whilst its a shame she feels the site poor value its her opinion and she will vote with her feet...
But......I sure she will be most welcome to return anytime she pleases when alternative sites also become boring.....
Of course the option is there to remain on BM as a basic member....

As for you not making any money Matt....sort it out!! 
Profit is not a swear word...
Although I for one dnt want to be bombarded with adverts every time I switch pages or click on something......
Andy

Thankyou Matt for BM, its great for me...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

"Stop moaning here if i'm gonna stay"??? Sounds like my right to freedom of speak if being revoked there Matt.

If there's something or someone on the site you don't like, you remove it, that's not right!

Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

This thread was a simple question on how to delete an account and has now turned into an argument and detracted from the original post so I've locked it.

Matt's Profile
Matt

LMF, apologies I meant stop moaning and protesting in the forums.  The more people like you do this the more you drag the site down with you.  I meant for you to contact me directly.  I'd not had any contact from you prior to your outburst here in the forums and that isn't right.  You know I'm always here to listen to suggestions, complaints etc and would appreciate you contact me directly rather than painting an ugly picture in the forums for all newbies to see.

And for i-ronnie (who is doing the same, complaining publicly all the damn time)... you posted on the 2nd topic that was created after this one was locked.... the site has NOT declined in the past year!  Quite the opposite actually... the site has been de-weeded of members who were causing trouble / dragging the site down and has grown massively (!!).  We now get more people using the site every day, more people contributing via subscriptions than ever before, more events than ever before (1,950 in the past 12 months).  And the site is finally starting to make a profit unlike previous years.  I get emails daily thanking me for setting up the site, bringing people together etc. So if you think I'm doing something wrong - think again.

If you guys want to leave and can find another site that offers 2,000 events per year and a team of 50 dedicated staff who look out for your best interests... feel free to leave!  Use your feet, go... just stop moaning in the forums if you're not going to go.  Either send me suggestions or just get on with enjoying the site like every one else.

And this topic is staying locked because you're giving a bad impression of the site to newbies.  If you don't like something on the site, either PM me to discuss it or start a DECENT topic of your own with a CLEAR recommendation/suggestion that other members can discuss with you.  But DO NOT start just ranting about BM "censoring" you which is complete BS (and you know it!)

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 662 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption