Tyre price - being ripped off?

32 Posts | Latest reply on 02/06/2012 23:53:19 by zzrbabe42 | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Well i just picked up a Bridgestone BT003 sports tyre from a racing mate, he even fitted it to the wheel and balanced it for me... .60 euros, bob on!  :-D

I even managed to take the wheel off and fit it back on again, myself, with a screwed up back  :-D    (Yes it is a lot more difficult than it sounds with a 20kg wheel and only 2 hands).

Seems to be working, now im ready for summer :-D                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Hey! Mister D, you're supposed to be RESTING not putting bleddy tyres on your bike. The only tyres you'll be needing to know the price of will be for a wheelchair if you don't slow down!                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

i know, sorry mum  :-D  seriously driving me mad being at home though so had to go out and do something today finally.

Back to resting tomorrow though.  And on Sunday I have a "special someone" from BM coming to babysit and nurse me all week!!!  ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

PML @ 'mum'   Bored are ya?, so do a crossword, take up knitting.     Special? LOL if they are from Birmingham and male I'd cancel 'em LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Lol actually she's a "Posh Hobbit" I call her - from Leicestershire

Sounds like an educated brummie (sorry I know I'm gonna get slapped for that but it's worth it lol LOL)

She also hurt her back, broke it in January... and somehow we are gonna party together on Sunday.  Be like two wheelchair users pushing each other Ying Yang                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Be like two wheelchair users pushing each other

Who's taking the photos, this I gotta see? LOL

Enjoy yourself but be rait carefull wint ya?                                                                                                                                                                              
DT's Profile
DT

In: Derby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi Matt try M & P they always have a sale on and they post 2 tyres to me in France for about 12 euros,the last set only took 2days to arrive!I fit my own so it saves me about 30euros,and its not as hard as you think,and balancing easy enuff.    TK
Abandon-Chips's Profile
Abandon-Chips

In: North London

for once "Rip-off Britain" does not apply Thumbs Up   From previous experiences tyres tend to be more expensive abroad.                                                                                                                                                                             
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

In: MK

Just bought a set of new pilotroad 2's fitted and balanced on loose wheels for 220 - and they cleaned and polished me wheels too :)   gotta clean the rest of the bike now, I suppose ......                                                                                                                                                                              
cavywavy's Profile
cavywavy

In: Ashbourne

I had a pair of BT23 fitted last week took the whole bike in as I dont have a car to take loose wheels in, on an R1 £270 fitting, Balance and tyre                                                                                                                                                                               
kcsdata's Profile
kcsdata

In: Knutsford
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

I don't know about the BT023, but I had a pair of BT021's fitted by a BMW Main dealer, and that cost me £230.  So 280 euro's for 1 is definitely too high.   John                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

hi i just had front and rear dunlops fitted on my zzr1100 with new valves and both balanced £217Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3867 seconds. There are 667 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption