Tyre price - being ripped off?

32 Posts | Latest reply on 02/06/2012 23:53:19 by zzrbabe42 | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Ok I need to know if I'm being ripped off in Holland.

Can someone tell me what a good price would be for the following tyre installed on a loose wheel...

Bridgestone BT 023 180/55 17 GT

For my Blackbird.

The price here in Holland is from 180-280 euros for one tyre installed!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

My local fitter lists a price of £127 for fitting the above tyre to a loose wheel.

According to Expedia, that equates to around 150 euro.

So I'd suggest that 180 is a little high and 280 is taking the proverbial!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

i'm looking at buying the tyre new online from ebay and loads of dutch/german shops, and i can only find them for 150 euros, that's just the tyre delivered.  Jeees.

Unfortunately it's totally punctured so i need to get it done here before i can ride back to England.  dammit                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

shame Matt there's a tyre place at Skegness if you could of got there, you do have troubles with your tyres LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

I paid £150 for a BT020 front weel on my Pan that was fitted and they had to remove the wheel from the bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Get the tyre on line and fit it yourself                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

an balance it how JP? Its a high performance bike and really does make a huge difference to the ride comfort if its balanced correctly....does Matts price inc balance I wonder?
I had a bad vibration on the Guzzi, was the front wheel outa balance and I managed to cobble together a jig to get the wheel in and balanced it myself statically.....
So unless Matt sqeaky tight...then Id opt for best deal fitted inc a balance....
(not saying it cant be done at home JP and obv cheapest option)                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

i fit all my tyre's and balance them my self but would not suggest that others do it unless there sure of what there doing                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

2 x V blocks and a maker pen its not that hard to balance a wheel                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I put a BT 22 on the VFR in Redruth, Cornwall it was around £125 balanced and fitted for free......always good prices there but I cant remember the name...not too many there though wont be hard to find..                                                                                                                                                                             
cw's Profile
cw

In: Manchester
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

paid £105 for road pilot 3 fitted and balanced (front)                                                                                                                                                                                 
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Paid £135 for same bt23 all in,  ride in ride out.                                                                                                                                                                              
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

put a tube in it will last till you get back to blity                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol yea cos i know how to fit and balance a tyre don't I hahahaha LOL

Found it online for 150 euros.  The guy will fit it at my local shop for 20 euros (rip off I know! An hour's salary for 5 minutes work).

A mate of mine not far away might have a spare x-track day tyre for 60 euros fitted and balanced :-D                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt, how can you compare one country's prices with another? I don't get that.   I wouldn't recommend used tyres.   Hope you get it sorted.   (And there's you thinking that living in England is rubbish, not when ya need summat doin rayt LOL)                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

i havent bought a new tyre for 5 years.... all my tyres are used (usually 3 laps of somewhere! lol) and ive only had a problem once with them - just check there's tread and that they look evenly worn. no problem with scrubbing them in either Big smile you would know after about 100 yds if its not right Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Sandi,

Because the UK and NL should in theory be close in price.

Turns out I CAN get a tyre a the same price the Geoff mentioned but have to get it fitted then. Otherwise if I buy it through the shop it's gonna be a lot more.

And a track-day tyre normally has a hell of a lot let on it, and well scrubbed in already too.  For 1/4 the price it's worth it                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

KG - what was wrong with one of your tyres?                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

you don't need to balance the tyres on a Harley. they don't go fast enough to cause any problems. :)

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

was a bit TOO scrubbed in on one edge! lol but that one had done 3 laps of TT and was well.....fecked i suppose......but it only happened once and i know now for future reference.   but i didnt fall off! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 734 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption