Brake Pads

9 Posts | Latest reply on 28/03/2012 22:02:47 by kwakgirl | Go to original / last post
dabe's Profile
dabe

In: Dunbar
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

just a thought i ordered a set of EBC HH's for the front of my R1 last night   what pads do ppl on here use and why ?                                                                                                                                                                             
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

EBC HH's on my Thundercat as I will be doing Track Days.

From what I read about the different pads the HH's give more bite (my Nuts can testify to that) and less heat build up which is good for Track days.

SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S

Goldfren carbon ceramic. I use them on the front of me race bike. Combined with a brembo radial master cylinder and standard nissen four pot calipers they are awesome. Plus change those useless OE rubber hoses for some braided ones :-)

dabe's Profile
dabe

lol aw a just canny be ersed wif the hastle i change the pads when i have to and the rubber i'd rather be riding than working on it :)   Goldfren carbon ceramic do they work wif the standard disk's ?   fancy stuff's wasted on me lol i only got her cause i thought she looke like a daffodil :) lol                                                                                                                                                                                 
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough

I changed the rubbers to Braided as one of the first things i did to the bike, so much more power and control.

dabe's Profile
dabe

i've never had a bother with brakes, to be honest they only slow ye down yer better without :)                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

use goldfren on mine too both road and track bike also changed the calipers to 4 pot nissins as the 6 pot tokico are shite! oh aye and braided hoses all round.   fancied converting to radial master cylinder...had an accossato on it for a while but couldnt get a decent brake with it...it just dont sit right in the available space. And quite fancy some wavy discs if only coz they look kinda funky ! Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S

Yeah they work ok with standard discs. ooh you gotta go radial, so much feedback. also if you need the hoses see helmobile, on the tinternet.They'll make up hoses for you if your in the need for someting diffo.They made a custom set up for me CBR, race set up. front and rear for less than 60quid delivered. I've got a gixer radial master cylinder thats not required anymore. complete with adjustable lever. Go on you know you want to upgrade :-)
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

tbh - havin no brakes is more fun! hahahaha   can get the hoses made up nay bother. the problem is the gap/space between the bars and fairings...just something else to look at...the next job is front forks to get done probably by maxton or ktech and an ohlins rear shock if i can find one otherwise i'll be modding another zx10 shock  probably. thats if i ever get it back from having valves/shims done! Cry                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 1801 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption