Help with lambing

18 Posts | Latest reply on 08/04/2012 20:57:48 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
loving it's Profile
loving it

In: Bradford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi, I've just finished college and am looking for work......any of you have a farm and need help with lambing?

If you're not able to pay I could volunteer Big smile

Thanks,
Linda.

P.S....I live in the West Yorkshire area but am willing to travel.

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

awwww  Good luck, with this Loving, I hope someone comes to your aid                                                                                                                                                                              
loving it's Profile
loving it

Thanks Shell....I've just rung a farm in Northumbria that was advertising a position for farm hand to help with lambing for three weeks.....When he asked me my age, and i told him, he sounded really negative!....50 is not that bad surely Cry                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Censored well hope not ... I am not far behind you & would say I am a sure bet for a job as I wont be leaving to have kids (been there done thatThumbs Up), know what it is to commit to something (or should that be committed?Wacko )                                                                                                                                                                              
loving it's Profile
loving it

LOL......seems we live in quite an ageist society, shame really we have so much to offer and as you say no little ones to tie us down anymore.

Anyway just rung a farm in Skipton and offered my services to help with the lambing and the farmers wife sounded lovely and said she would speak to her husband....I do hope he says yes.
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Hey there - have a word with Fastjock - I kow he works on a farm (he's near Ripon) mind, he works with cows (milkers) so not necesssarily a sheep farm(?) Maybe worth PMing him though see if he knows of anywhere?                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

good luck, hope U get something..Andy                                                                                                                                                                             
loving it's Profile
loving it

Thanks Andy and HFG.....will pm fastjock Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Hey Lovin it sweety, just an idea for ya hun, put an advertisement on "GUMTREE" website offering your help with lambing!!! Its free and loads ask for work on there! May find farmers asking for help on there, its a good site!!! Only an idea hun!!!!!

Good luck anyways and hope to see you somewhere soon out and about  Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
loving it's Profile
loving it

thanks Wendersbut i've got the job i rang about yesterday.....three weeks after easter lambing on a farm in Northumberland......So excited I can't wait.Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
loving it's Profile
loving it

What's more I get to go around the farm on a quad!!!......just gets better and better.....only need this gorgeous weather to continue and it will be perfect.LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Well done Linda, what a lovely thread, say 'Hello' to *Shaun for me LOL   That's one job I couldn't do even if I was fit enough, I'm allergic to sheep.   *Shaun the Sheep' kids T V programme.                                                                                                                                                                             
loving it's Profile
loving it

Thanks Sandi....I'm off to visit the farm on Saturday and have a look around....I can't wait.                                                                                                                                                                              
ktU2's Profile
ktU2

In: Oldham

Good Luck, the farmers need all the help they can get at the moment with this sheep disease. Deformed limbs, so very sad to see.  xktx

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Good luck hon, hope you get sorted, had a wee drive past the local farms to see if they looked Luke they needed help ... All the ickle lambs have already arrived ... Sorry ... (But they did look oh so sweet)                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

I hate this ageist thing when looking for jobs. When I was running pubs and employing people I always looked for those over 35 because I could almost guarantee reliability. Something that seems to be lost on employers these days. Anyway, good luck with the farm and lambing, and save a few chops for me.

Knightrider1's Profile
Knightrider1

In: Hinckley
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Nice one! Love a story with a happy end. Not many of them around these days.....well done.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well done Loving it - Congrats on the college course and landing yourself some work in what is I imagine still a male dominated career. Good luck x                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 1071 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption