'see new posts'

17 Posts | Latest reply on 27/04/2012 20:38:05 by Zedbiker | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

unless I cant see it, whats the chance of having a 'see new posts' or 'see unread posts' button?  seems to be standard on other fora I use..

ta

Neil

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

It's self setting every time someone posts it moves it to top of the listings                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yeah I understand that, its just usual to have a shortcut that lists all the updated posts rather than having to go into each section..                                                                                                                                                                                
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Active topics is your best bet and if it has an eye symbol next to it, means you have posted on there already :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

thats not really it, but ok you've worn me down..  Ermm

TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

I know what NeilD3 means - Active listing seems to be fairly random as to what it chooses to be the latest post.   I have to go in each section to see what is actually the latest post!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I'm with Neil, it would be very helpful to me if I could see at a glance what posts had been made since I was last logged in, instead I have to write it down what time I logged off, so I don't read posts/threads I've already read. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Refreshing this thread.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I think a button to take you to new thread would be a good thing. The problems with the active button a new thread can be moved onto the second page very quickly after being topped by older posts                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

i think we have enough buttons without any more                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

It doesn't have to be a button, it could be added to the 'quickjump' menu.                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

What happened the other year TC - the Active Topics page was getting filled up with stuff from the Jokes section & the general Topics section - what made you happy/sad/random rant & stuff that wasn't particularly Bike related. So you had to then trawl through the active topics pages to get anything remotely Bike/event related which got to be a pain & people were complaining about it. So Matt decided to take the Jokes forum & General Topics forum out of the 'Active' listings. So now all you really get in 'Active' Topics is what is put in the more Bike related forums...HOWEVER, we as Mods have the option of making something that has been put in say the General Forum 'Active' so it shows up in the 'Active' topics thread..........get it?.....good Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Ahhhhhhh.......... Cheers HFG Thumbs Up   (sheesh, you leave a site for a couple of years and they go and change everything... Wacko)                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

we do it just to confumble you Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Zedbiker's Profile
Zedbiker

In: South Molton

Hi
Not quite sure whether this is your answer to my question too... Is there any way to sort the forum posts so that the latest is on the first page rather than last. There are some pages with 400+ pages. This isn't too bad on a computer but on my iPad I get a blister on my finger scrolling to the very bottom of the list of pages. :(
Many thanks.
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Zed, if you look on the Active Topics page (or any forum topics list) you will see underneith the topic title the page numbers (first and last).  Just click there on the last page number.

It would be too much to change now to reorder the pages and would cause more confusion for some people having more options etc.                                                                                                                                                                             
Zedbiker's Profile
Zedbiker

In: South Molton

Thanks for your reply Matt. Fair comment, I will do as you say. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 732 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption