Weekend in a Barn - Keswick

37 Posts | Latest reply on 03/04/2012 00:51:56 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Once upon a time some folk from BM travelled upto Keswick, 12 of them secured a place in the barn and the rest had to pitch tents outside.  The pub was 300 yards away so we had to go and annoy the locals both nights :)  We also held the very first (and ony) BM Monkey Olympics whilst there !!!

Just wondered whether folk would be u for it again.

Check out Dinah Hoggus Camping Barn and let me know what you think :)

clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Is it better in the "Barn" or in your own tent ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Last time I made the mistake of taking my tent. It were f f freezing in March last year, and I also forgot my mattress!   But we had a grand time, and I would go again, but when summer arrives!                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

OOOOooo as Standard Monkey Throwing Ladies Winner 2010, I'm deffo up for this again Thumbs Up Clarkee - as XK said, it was mid March & it was effin' freezing. However in the 'barn' we were all snugged up...litterally all snugged up - there was no room to walk cos of bodies everywhere!! But it was warm - those in the tents had to crack the frost off them when they got up in the am LOL Cracking do though Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

There was frost on my tent at Friskney last October.  Only a problem when I crawled out for a pee in the early morning and the flysheet flap, fell on my bare back, going back in....brrrrrrr                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Clarkee ... there is always the hotel or the B & B close by , lol Ian & I went for the day to visit & ended staying over Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

But only cos u wos so ratted u cudna drive back!   But wot a larf we had!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

LMAO , that was after we decided to stay over 

But your right it was a larf, roughing it in that bed, with a shower & hot water was the worse thing tho LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Could be up for this one, Jackie. Missed the but the pics were hilarious!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Best bloomin thing I ever did plucking up courage to turn up on my own as a bm virgin to excuse for a party in the barn...what a fabby weekend and the rest is history   I was ever so snug...mind you turned up in the car with double air-bed, Kingsize tog 15 duvet, 2 sleeping bags & 2 hot water bottles   I'd never encountered ice glittering away like a little grotto in the torchlight on the INSIDE of the tent before                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

Yes was a brilliant weekend, we were in a tent but didn't freeze Wink  BECAUSE I was fully dressed and kept my cold killers on !!!!!! If Daryl goes again can we put a time limit on how long he is allowed to hog the shower room ( as it had the loo in it ) LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Don't forget there's also the excellent biker cafe in Keswick now:
The Filling Station Cafe,Crosthwaite Road,Keswick,England,CA12 5PR
... and an alternative camp site just down the road at Thirlmere. It's run by bikers and bikes really welcome
http://www.thirlspotfarmcamping.co.uk/                                                                                                                                                                               
shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

have you any dates in mind for this weekend                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Its a definite YES from me ....

Was my first BM weekender its still the best one so far Big smile

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

No date set in stone wanted to see if folk were up for it before making any def enquiries :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

ok i'm up for this,                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

ooooooo sorry forgot to say Capt Bob your going to this ok lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

count me in for this                                                                                                                                                                              
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

If the dates are ok - I'm definately up for this weekend.  Think I'd opt for the barn - at age Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Jaffa's Profile
Jaffa

In: st helens

would be interested depending on dates                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 574 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption