Operation and unavailability

83 Posts | Latest reply on 19/03/2012 09:15:06 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I'd like to make everyone aware that next Tuesday I will be going into hospital for major surgery on my back (spinal fusion).

I will be using the next few days to get all my loose ends tied up.

After the op I will be in hospital for a few days and then after that bed-bound for a few weeks.

As I'll be unable to sit up, I'll be doing very minimal / critical work on BM - probably dictating emails to Joyce to write up for me.

Please can I ask everyone to keep this in mind and try to refrain from emailing and PMing me until further notice.  Please only send me critical issues (bugs, payment issues etc).

The moderator team will be available to fix forum issues, profile problems, delete spammers etc.... please go to them first via the Contact link on the bottom of any BM page.

Thanks for your understanding.

Matt                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thumbs Up Good luck Matt , 

I am sure it will be ok , as you know its something I had done years ago, once you have gone through the recovery & so long as you dont rush it & allow yourself time to heal you will do just fine Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Cheers, I really hope so!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Just DONT be impatient with your recovery & push things ... I know what you are like !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Will try to behave, just for you LOL

Hope all goes well XX                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Good luck Matt ... REMEMBER ... Take it easy!

We will try and have the site still standing (so to speak) for when youre well again Wink

TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Get well soon, Pingu!!   (Poor Joyce...)   Joyce: "Matt, have you been using your dictaphone?"   Matt: "No, I have been using my fingers as normal!!"                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Scary stuff Matt but you'll be fine mate. Don't run before you can walk, and if you do as the docs tell you, you'll be fine in time for Kiss and Autumn Camp. Anyway, some of us might be a little jealous that you don't have to get out of bed. LOL

Riggy66's Profile
Riggy66

In: Huddersfield

The best of luck to you.
Beer here's to a speedy recovery.

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Take it easy Boss Man and poor Joyce having to put up with you !!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good luck Matt and heres to to a speedy recovery rate. Smile x                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

unfortunately 2012 hasn't been incredibly lucky so far and i've ended up knee-deep in it several times.  Power supply failure, data/RAID corruptions etc... all required me to dig deep into the physical server and put my back through a lot of strain. If things go tits-up while i'm bed-bound though I don't know what I'm gonna do  :-/
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Eat grapes and recover lol                                                                                                                                                                              
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Good luck with it Matt, take it easy and recover fully before you do owt!!   If the server goes tits up we'll all meet on BM's facebook page...simples                                                                                                                                                                             
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

All the best M8 with the OP, hope all goes well.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Dont worry we will look after the site for you. would be best if you phone your solicitors now                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Matt, any excuse to have time off work, I dunno! Wink   Stop stressing about the site, it will still be here when you are fully recovered, which you won't be if you keep nattering.   I'd say 'Take it easy' but that's pointless where you're concerned.   I'm sending you a virtual Hug hope it all goes well.                                                                                                                                                                                    
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol you know me so well... 3 months of doing nothing is gonna kill me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Just remember that if you ignore the three months of doing nothing it could turn into six months, so do what the nurses say and enjoy the bed baths. I do a good line in nurses uniforms if you want to buy one for Joyce. LOL

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

best wishes Matt hope it's not to painful for you, see you next time your over here                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 681 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption