Watching the Top Gear tv programe

32 Posts | Latest reply on 22/04/2012 11:18:57 by bomb doctor | Go to original / last post
northlondon58's Profile
northlondon58

In: Aldershot
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just an idea, to throw around , as what comments about the Top gear tv program discusing & testing motorcars , open comments if one wants too.......Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

The information can be informative ... but being honest ... I watch it for the whole package ... the chemisrty between the three of them ... you cant buy and its soooooo funny. 

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

oh god ......best i make no comment as i loathe Clarkson and the program!!!!Angry  its banned from our house...........although in its favour the little one is pretty cute!
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

I just watch it for the fun of it, not for anything particularly informative Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Absolutely agree 'Kwak girl', 'Top Gear' used to be fun, informative, and a very interesting program...then Clarkson realised he was God..(probably shortly after becoming a multi-millionaire,  and Camerons neighbour ) and that the program should have been not 'Top Gear', but, Clarksons Motor World'...and since then, it's all slid inexorably down the 'U' bend to the point where it's now utter and total tripe...and before all you Clarkson is 'great' supporters start bleating, remember this...Clarkson, absolutely hates, and detests motorcycles, thinks anyone who rides on is an idiot, and, wants them banned. Strangely tho' he didn't rant on about that when he had Tom Cruise on the show recently, as you all know, Mr. Cruise is a keen biker...
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

does Mr Cruise ride a Cruiser then??? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

you don't actually beleive anything Clarkson says do you? He's a wind up merchant!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

J C said 'all bikers should be garotted', so he's not allowed in my living room.                                                                                                                                                                             
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

I absolutely laugh my butt off to top gear, lurvv it, and would be my dream job, testing fast cars, (and bikes if i was on it) all over world and doin silly ass things with cars with friends..............Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Clarkson doesnt absolutely hate motorcyles - he can ride them - and rode a Ducati 916 around the Monaco GP circuit when it was closed before the racing began one year. He chooses not to ride though, and I believe he doesn't hold a licence for a motorbike in the UK (one of the reasons he said he was riding the 916 at Monaco)   But he is known for his controversial statements and people bite every time.   As for Top Gear being informative - it may seem interesting to a few - but it doesnt bring in the big viewing figures that supercars amd daft stunts/ roadtrips do. Which is why Needell, Henderson, and Wilson got canned after Clarkson was booted off years ago (and moved to Channel 5 with a change of format).                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

They find some fabulous roads for their challenges that I wouldn't know existed otherwise.   My daughter watches it and was so impressed by the Stelvio pass that we based our holiday on getting to, and driving the Stelvio Pass & jolly good fun it was too...we did some other nice stuff too but that's where the idea came from   The next one on our list is the Verdon Gorge in the south of France- Clarky lost the challenge in an Audi RS4 against 2 climbers going straight up a HUGE cliff face...very entertaining                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

*post removed out of boredom*                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Clarkson is like Marmite. Anyone who takes him serious is missing the whole point of him and the show. Most of Top Gear and Clarkson's comments are what I consider tongue in cheek. I like Marmite.
His so called dislike of motorcycles should also not be taken seriously, it's an act that is looking for a response and it has worked.
Although the other two presenters James May and Richard Hammond form an intrinsic part of the program, the show would not work without Clarkson and his interaction with them.
Both James May and Richard Hammond are keen motorcyclists.
If you saw the Vietnam trip, where they had to obtain small low power motor bikes and travel the length of the country, you would think at 1st Clarkson hated motorbikes, again this was an act. I am sure if he hated them that much he would not have taken on the trip.
  I like Marmite and Top Gear.   From an avid petrol head that will watch anything with an engine.

spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

In: stockport

rather watch paint dry...!!Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Ho4701's Profile
Ho4701

In: whitefield

I am a big top gear fan it's entertainment even though this series been wetter than a ducks foot. I think they have got too big the cheaper stuff was more fun like the 100 quid challenge. I would however punch hammond in the face if I ever met him again he's a c**t. (been in top gear audience in 08) But james may is a good bloke told me about cooking spark plugs.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

Did U know Clarkson is one of the top 3 most powerful men in the motor industry?
If he slates yer product U in dire trouble, remember him commenting about the new vauxhal yrs back.....only thing he liked was the hook for yer jacket! The car never sold in big numbers due they say from his comments...                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Ho4701What do you have with the cooked spark plugsBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

Clarkson is an underworked overpaid muppet , there iv said it.. he was in glossop derbys., a few years aago where i used to live,, and he said quote , " that the people of glossop cant read" what a rediculous statement  .... if he ws refering to a third world country or an antipodean outback i might agree with him,  but england in the 21st century the mans  baboon, HE COULD<NT  TRAP HIS FINGERS IN A DOOR  just for the record yeah i can and do readCool                                                                                                                                                                             
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

Today i was sat in a 4litre 450bhp ballistic misile namely a TVR tuscan .. petty clarkson did,nt seeme   sb4Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
RAY82's Profile
RAY82

In: london

Someone should come up an idea put a motobike, Tv prog together, unless they have already done so, im so missing out!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 847 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption