Notifications

8 Posts | Latest reply on 05/03/2012 13:36:11 by YZFJohn | Go to original / last post
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is anyone else having issues with notifications ? 

Over this weekend I have not received any, despite having PM's etc etc 

Ermm   Matt have you been playing again ??? Geek

shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

i had this problem as  i had pms but wasnt told                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Me too im afraid.  Seems ok now tho Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Apparently their was an issue with the email servers.  You may not have recieved notification emails, but some of our unlucky new members didn't get activation emails Shocked    Things should be back to normal now, according to Matt                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Do you mean it's snafu?LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Sunday about 2am the ISP's DNS servers died.  So, for 24 hours or so our server was unable to lookup IPs for the domain names in email addresses.  I changed the DNS to lookup from Google's public DNS instead this morning hence it's all good again.

I know that sounds like a geek reply but there's no way to put it simpler.

Actually try this... Lost the phone book (DNS) to the internet so had to get a new one (Google's) in order to find John Smith (domain names) etc.

It wasn't my fault nor anything I could have seen coming.  I'll be filing a complain with the ISP though as that's 2 issues they've had in 1 month now (having a perfect record for 4 years up until now so i'm worried)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I'm loving the analogy Matt LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough

Because I am feeling Naughty today i will open up a can of worms. Evil Smile

"2 issues they've had in 1 month now (having a perfect record for 4 years up until now so i'm worried)"

Maybe they have taken on more femal IT Staff!!!!   LOL

Happy Monday.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 1316 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption