Eight White Horses

22 Posts | Latest reply on 16/04/2012 21:50:23 by W.M.F. | Go to original / last post
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

It has been sugested a day out to find and photograph all Eight White horses in Wiltshire....sounds like fun to me!   Any more folk interested? We could have a start/finish venue..meet there and go off in search....meal after phaps? Say in April or May? Post yer comments fer me.....                                                                                                                                                                             
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

In: Ashford
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Only just found this thread hun. Saw the suggestion on other thread tho and thought it sounded like fun.                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

there are EIGHT white horses in Wiltshire?!!! Wow, would love to do this....shame I'm so far away. Only been to the Uffington white horse   And will this quest in search of  prehistoric chalk horses ....ahem....take you past Cerne Abbas????                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

cerne abbas is way too rude for us discerning southerners  Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                              
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

Speak for yourself xj!!                                                                                                                                                                              
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Sarah i'm surprised at you, i'm shocked ShockedShocked                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Ohhh Wiltshire , lovely place, I was born in Devizes & Ian took me back a few years ago for my birthday Thumbs Up

I would love to but have way too much on this year Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

any more for the joyride?                                                                                                                                                                             
desres's Profile
desres

In: Pontblyddyn

What a great game this sounds. If you could get enough people, you could even make it a team-treasure-hunt requiring a group photo at each location and the fastest team to complete the task etc, with a few twists thown in for bonuses, say, pub signs with horses on the sign....

like it                                                                                                                                                                             
desres's Profile
desres

In: Pontblyddyn

I reckon you could "race" round them all in 3-4 hours; problem is getting there (e.g. Marlborough), round them all and home in one day.  Even if you combined it with KISS rally so most of us are within 75 mi of the start point, it still makes for a long day.

From home it would take me over 3 hours just to get there, and you (Andy) 2 hours if I'm not mistaken.

Perhaps we (you) need to think of making a weekend of it?

Thoughts?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

making a weekend of it would be a good idea Des,Thumbs Up would take us even longer than you to get there                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

sounds good if we have a spare weekend                                                                                                                                                                              
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

Love the sound of this, would need to be long weekend but would be good.

G                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

are you doing any thing with this Andy                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Bumping this up the list so Andy can see it                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

think Andy has forgot about it                                                                                                                                                                              
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

Will remind him bill.  He's been really busy with his house move, and helping me with DIY to sell mine.  He will be on the ball again soon and pushing all SE events.  Thanks for all you are doing to help. xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

It has been sugested a day out to find and photograph all Eight White horses in Wiltshire....sounds like fun to me!

Any more folk interested? We could have a start/finish venue..meet there and go off in search....meal after phaps?
Say in April or May?
Post yer comments to rossoandy21 or on here

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The Barge 
@ Honey Street has a lovely campsite, good cider too & green alien beer!

If you visit the Caen Hill Locks ~ I'd be tempted

Here's the link:
http://www.the-barge-inn.com/index.php

rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

Nope not forgotten but been soooo busy here, I will sort it by say beggining of April and get it on events then when all detail done. Thanks Bill and all....                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9688 seconds. There are 697 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption