Bike Questions Should be Added to Drivers L-Test

12 Posts | Latest reply on 06/05/2012 18:04:07 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Bennetts the motorbike insurer started a petition, 6 months ago, on the government website 'demanding that prospective drivers are asked about bikes, in their test'.   If you would like to support this petition go to   http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/26272   Closing date 23rd June 2012   *signed*                                                                                                                                                                               
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

done                                                                                                                                                                             
buxton's Profile
buxton

In: telford
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

done                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

done                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

done                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Done ,,Thumbs Up

Wouldn't be a day too soon if they did                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Definately done.  Test should also include a a biker or bikers approaching  the car to see what reaction there is (if any )                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

B.U.M.P                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
44% Karma44% Karma 44% Karma44% Karma

Signed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Done and dusted also posted on F/Book :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Ho4701's Profile
Ho4701

In: whitefield

Done though it's not enough as a truck driving biker: i see many people mainly cars though pulling into my blind spots, mainly on roundabouts. Infact last wednesday i straddled both lanes on one because i needed the room to turn left, a bloke in a focus drove on the curb to pass my trailer then come up inside me then moaned using his finger jestering to me to move because he didn't realise a artic would stop him viewing his entry onto the roundabout. I had to wait untill all three lanes of the roundabout were free instead of the left because my trailer would have swipped this re-tard.

I believe all potential driver/riders should do CBT and the same with a truck before being allowed a car or bike licence.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Gonna bump this, as we were discussing it earlier in the chat rooms.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5313 seconds. There are 1138 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption