And you think speed cameras are bad

11 Posts | Latest reply on 15/02/2012 22:48:52 by xj | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Police in Thanh Hoa city, Vietnam, are reported to be using fishing nets wrapped around bricks as a way of catching speeding bikers.   If a rider fails to stop, the police hurl the brick and the accompanying fishing net at the bike, hoping it will get wrapped around the back wheel and bring the bike to a stop.   According to Vietnamnet.vn, not only traffic police but also another 150 'night watchmen' in the city have been equipped with the fishing nets. They're patrolling hot spots where bikes have been seen racing or riding dangerously.   Reports differ as to the effects of the nets. Some say that nobody has been hurt while others report that some riders have suffered minor injuries.   Unsurprisingly, there have been some complaints that throwing bricks and fishing nets at speeding bikes could be dangerous.   Wouldn’t that be ‘assault with a deadly weapon’, ‘ABH’ or even ‘attempted murder’?                                                                                                                                                                                
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL I just had a thought (I know, I'm a slow thinker) how many bricks do they have to carry with them every nite? I have a mental  image of policemen pushing wheelbarrows  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Do Greenpeace know about this???   (weirdly, I would love to see a video of this.... but personally I would use a bigger net and throw it over the whole rider)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL @ 'Greenpeace'   Can you imagine, police or no police, a rider letting anyone get away with lobbing bricks at their pride and  joy?                                                                                                                                                                              
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Yes, but things are a bit different in Vietnam...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKSOfI8OTk   Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Yea, so I see.   I saw something similar at the Gibraltar border checkpoint (about 23 years ago). As we walked past the guards office, the door was open and a guard was hitting a young woman. It was quite upsetting and no matter what her crime, if any, I think he was well out of order. We had kids with us and they saw it too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I had a holiday in Viet Nam a few years back. We had a day out on the back of some Honda C90's which was scary. Actually it was some dodgy copy I think called a Hongda. Didn't see any proper/bigger bikes, just loads of mopeds and step through things. The roads in the towns especially Ho Chi Minh Saigon were buzzing with them. I think throwing a net at a set of traffic lights would catch you at least 50 in one go! That would take a few bricks to bring to a halt?

Great country, great people, loved it, would love to go back Xin ciao                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Lmao, like TC slightly horrified, but wonder how they do it, and do they receive any training on how to throw said brick and net?                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

I beleive that speed cameras have their place and they do affwect the way that I drive.                                                                                                                                                                             
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

I've never spoken to anyone who objects to speed cameras to control traffic in danger spots. 
The issue seems to come when they are used purely to enforce the law. (eg on motorways)  Thats when all the shouting starts.                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

the government now plans to put a surcharge on speeding fines, taking them up to approx £100                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 1501 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption