Nods, waves and leg shakes!

59 Posts | Latest reply on 12/02/2012 16:05:13 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Being new to this biking malarkey, can anyone tell me the proper etiquette as to nodding, acknowledging etc? Also the correct signals to give oncoming riders if theres a problem ahead such as speed cameras, accidents etc. It would be much appreciated.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi xSuzix, I was really having a go at the steel toe cap bad ass angry looking bikers with their frilly handbags strapped on the bikes.LOLI'm not  against Harley's my younger sister has a black metallic 100th anniversary model , drag bars,forward controls,custom seat , stage one ,does look and sound great! Handshake Now any Goldwing owners with their mobile Hindu temples want a go at me ! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi  Dave years ago it was a flash with the head lamp but because most bikes lights are on permanently it can't be done ,so a clear thumbs down is best Thumbs Down A nod of the head to acknowledge then you have control at all times with you're hands on the bar's.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Forgot to add,if a truck constantly flashes it is either the rozzer's or an accident slow down .                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

pmsl pj46 - that sounds like all my mates there in teh steel toe caps you described ...... hahahaha hahaha ya nutta LOL 
well yeah anyhow, happy biking and nods to everyone Wink Beer and yeah thumbs down for speed cameras and plod etc - youi will get to know what feels good Dave and what everyone is doing   Happy biking Party                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ride safe xSuzix and friends long live SAMCRO Cool                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for that PJ46 and xSuzix, much appreciated, being new and all that, its a bit unnerving to start with but hope to get to know some of you.                                                                                                                                                                             
hdsnfun's Profile
hdsnfun

In: Worc's

If there is a speed camera i use the old Jim Davidson "Nick nick" sign to let folks know.
I nod to most people unless i don't like the look of you!! lolTongue                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

When I first started riding , before the helmet law, you couldn't see if anyone was nodding or not . Your eyes were always full of tears, coz ''helmets were for poufs'' Lol .

But I imagine 100 years ago all car drivers waved or nodded at each other . And that's the main problem , numbers,.

30 year ago , we were all bikers together. Nowerdays there are lots of different groups of bikers. Not a good thing, I think.

Divide and conquer.

As more and more people turn to bikes.There will be more and more laws governing bikes and bikers . Squeezing out the individuality.

If you're too cool to nod at a fellow biker now , no matter what he's riding. I imagine that you'll be too embarrassed to nod , when you have to wear a full dayglo suit . Stick together.... Dusty ...

spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

In: stockport

iv bin riding a long time even bin  a DR...nothing wrong with a good old nod  wre all bikers for gods sake  KEEp NODding   or  shake  a leg its what makes us diffrnt   kevkoolCool                                                                                                                                                                             
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

One more thing when im in the car i always let bikes go some wave  as a thank you , some dont why?   im all for courtesyUnhappy kevkoool ..oo0                                                                                                                                                                             
tellsy's Profile
tellsy

In: Newcastle

Hi I’m new on here, when I’m out on my bike witch is most days I always nod at other bikers no matter what they ride, and if I see any biker's at the side of the road I slow down and give a Thumbs Up  to see if they are ok, and when filtering if a car pulls across to let me past I give them a wave as a thank you                                                                                                                                                                             
Gremlinmike's Profile
Gremlinmike

In: Herefordshire

Nod me on here n il nod back, same on the bike.... iF I nod u out n about be polite n nod back if time allows,,, chose to be rude to me then I have a full vocab at my fingertips,,,  chase me for your ignorance be warned 'I DO STOP'.                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Do they teach you how to do the legshake on your CBT or do you have to wait for your DA training...                                                                                                                                                                             
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

in the uk  a nod, wave or flash will do   {headlight of course} im not sure about the leg shake thing... both feet on pegs at all times  lol..kevkoolCool even tho a nods as good as wink TeeHeeheeHandshake                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

When I overtake a rider, I like to give them a friendly 'smack' on the back of their helmet... unless it is a sports bike rider with their arse up in the air, when a good old gooseing is called for.   A couple of drawbacks though:   a) I never know how this is received as I can see bugger all in my mirrors and   b) I've never overtaken a bloody thing on my bike!!   I think I will try this 'leg shaking' thing but from an insurance point of view, am I liable if they fall off when I am shaking their legs??                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nod to me and I nod back, simples Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I always try to nod and wave if possible. I find in general its the sport bike riders who fail to respond especially the big bikes, a lot of these riders come into biking later in life do direct access then buy the fastest thing they can find on 2 wheels thinking they are bikers. Best fun is waving while riding my Harley I always use my right hand as using the throttle damper means she just keeps going.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

LoneWolf that was quite a howl , but fact of life tells us that nearly every body would like a bigger more powerful bike after passing their test. Did any one think you were not a biker because you bought a big slow Harley ! Anyway back to the forum if  I see a Harley I will give them a nod and see what happens not a wave , because my right hand will have the throttle pinned to the stop !LOL

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 580 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption