Drivers waste 58 weeks of their life stuck in traffic

6 Posts | Latest reply on 21/01/2012 17:06:25 by wenders | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

UK car drivers will spend, on average, 58 working weeks of their lives not moving in traffic on their daily commute, according to a new study of 2,000 car drivers by Continental Tyres.

Covering an average round trip of 28 miles the typical journey to work and home again takes 41 minutes, with 12 minutes lost every day in jams and delays. Even with annual leave, bank holidays and sick days this means 5½ working days lost every year or 58 working weeks during a lifetime.

According to another survey by the GetOn campaign, riding a motorcycle to work will cut your commute by 306 hours a year and save you almost £1000 when compared to a car. The facts speak for themselves.

What would you do with an extra 306 hours per year?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Be stuck in traffic in my truck                                                                                                                                                                             
Big_Paul's Profile
Big_Paul

In: Portsmouth
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

If i was stuck in traffic less, it would mean that i would be waiting for a plane in an airport for longer!!                                                                                                                                                                             
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

In: MK

I feel like I wasted two weeks this afternoon stuck on the M62  near Warrington !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Sooooooooo this is why i suffer from terrible road rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2656 seconds. There are 780 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption