triple ECU re-map

10 Posts | Latest reply on 17/03/2012 21:16:08 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Big_Paul's Profile
Big_Paul

In: Portsmouth
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Afternoon all.

I'll looking at putting some arrow cans on the speed triple and i know when you take it to Mr. Triumph, he re-maps the ECU and charges you for the pleasure.

I also know that the maps and software are available online and you can do it yourself with the correct OBD-2 cable.

My question is has anyone tried doing this upgrade themselves? any problems encountered? any recommendations for me?

Cheers                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Paul, can you get a programme called ECU spy for the speed triple? i've used it before on a Buell i owned, but I was always wary of making too bigger changes.
spesh

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

you can download tuneecu free, just buy a cable off ebay volkswagen one works, have a look on triumph torque for info.
just downloaded it myself                                                                                                                                                                             
Big_Paul's Profile
Big_Paul

In: Portsmouth
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Well now, just to refresh this thread.
I was at the MCN show yesterday and managed to pick up some Beowulf cans for the bike. Spoke with the owners and engineers of the company and they said that there was absolutely no need for a re-map using the slip on cans like i purchased. Sound amazing, slightly better throttle response = Happy chappy!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've been eyeing up the Beowulf can for my Tiger 1050, the price seems very good and I've heard they sound fantastic.

What are you thoughts on them now Big_Paul after sometime living with them on your Speed Triple?                                                                                                                                                                             
RobboC's Profile
RobboC

In: Wiltshire

There are twin Z1000 carbon Beowulf cans on Ebay currently at £10.50 with four days to go. Think I might try and get them for my ZZR as I know they sound awesome. Nice deep tone!                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

In: chester

hi guys , would just like to ad to this thread in that i had a beowulf oval can on my tiger 1050 ... one word fantastic ! the quality and service is just as good ... go for it ... cheers kev                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for your input mickyd, I'm now very tempted with the Beowulf can! For the price they seem a cracking deal.

How did the bike run with it on? Any noticeable gains aside from the noise? And did you experience any lumpiness or flat spots?

Ta.                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

In: chester

hi static , i had no trouble with it at all , but having said that i did have the off road tune done just to be safe . i also found the engine had more punch out of the corners , go for it . regards kev                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've heard great things about the off-road tune, even with the standard exhaust and air filter. I'd probably pair the new can with a K&N to get the most out of it.

I'm sorely tempted now... I've been toying with changing the Tiger but I can't honestly give myself a good reason to do so.

This will certainly give it a new lease of life :) Watch this space!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 2153 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption