Fundraising ideas please?

21 Posts | Latest reply on 18/01/2012 10:31:03 by Big_Paul | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hey Peeps, you may think this is early, but, myself & my Neice are going to climb Kilimanjaro in Sept 2013 in aid of Macmillan Cancer charity & I need some fundraising ideas. Between us we have to raise £8800 for the trip (hence starting now!) My Neice makes jewelry & knits scarves etc, so we're gonna sell that (all proceeds to the fund) & she's gonna do cocktail evenings & bacon butty mornings (she's down in Kent & I'm in West Mids though) She's also gonna organise a treasure hunt - it was originally a car treasure hunt, but can be adapted for Bikes - this will be around Kent area (West Kingsdown) & I'll post details up here once it's finalised if anyone wants to have a go Big smile But I was just wondering if anyone has any other good ideas (sensible ones please Stern Smile ) for raising money? Thanks in advance Big smile Stella x                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

I'm sure my wierd and wonderful brain will think of something :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

just as an aside - we will be setting up a just giving page if peeps want to make donations direct. Will let you know once we've done it Big smile & Jackie - I'm already scared Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

We could have collections at meets camps and the rally I know folk will dig deep for you and if thay don't we could just turn them upside down and shake them a bit lol                                                                                                                                                                              
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S

Hey I thought i'd come up with a few fund raising ideas. But then i read the last bit, 'sensible idea's only' :-) Never mind the thought was there. So just one quick question, how much do you need to raise to come back down when you've reached the top? Mind you I heard the tale and seen the pictures. This task is not to be taken lightly. This is serious sh*t :-)
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

I am up for anything for Macmillan Cancer charity. They do fantastic work. I will be up for the bike treasure hunt when it happens. Andy would be the guy to talk to on that one as he is trying to organise more things in the SE area. Maybe he can help on the treasure hunt organisation.   I can't think of any ideas at present but will give it some thought.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

A non attendence rally. People buy tickets, you send them a badge and certificate...... But obviously no rally. It really does work lol. RBLR hold one Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Hey HFG,

I went up to the ponderosa one sunday last summer, there was a ride out in aid of a little boy who needed some special equipment.....The family of the little boy had organised a ride out to raise money, each biker wanting to go on the ride out made a minimum donation of £5..

Many bikers, who were at the ponder that day, did not do the ride out, but, every biker (almost) gave a donation..............There must have been in excess of 250 bikers passing through that day......................

Just an idea, as we know bikers are so generous towards charities and always up for a nice ride on a beautiful sunny day!!!

Good luck hun, bloomin wonderful of you to be doing this for such a worthy organisation............                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Next rally, wet t- shirt bike wash lol, you know like the car wash things you see on the movies but for bikes ha ha..... it will make a fortune lol Or wet sponge stocks, I'm sure Matt will oblige at the next event he attends lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

Think you should do a tribute performance like at KISS rally HFG, however for you it would have to be Julie Andrews singing 'Climb every mountain' TongueLOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

We tried the sponge/stocks thing for Matt at the last KISS rally JTB but he was having none of it.  Wuss!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well I f I come to next one, with these of some approved restraint techniques, I'm sure we could coach him in there lol....sorry Matt' "mutiny Mr Christain!"                                                                                                                                                                             
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

I love the idea of a non-attendance rally !!!

Tongue

Another suggestion would be to pick some straitlaced soul from work and get them to be sponsored to do something crazy (like biking to work as your pilly)

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

hmmm - a wet T shirt Bike wash - maybe I should get Feisty & Boss Mom to do it - they've got errr.....'ample talents'...ErmmLOL & Mr Ken - as for Climb every Mountain - you're a dead man! OuchBig smile ...a non attendance rally - hmmmmmmmm......good idea LOL err GG - I'm still on L plates...so yep that would be crazy lol & yep, taking a bucket around the bike meets is deffo on the list. Come on, keep the ideas coming please Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

I like Mr Kens idea lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I like my idea ha ha                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Well jonny as its your wet tee shirt event I have to tell you that you are in charge of the water application and as health and safety rep it falls to me to supervise  so make it cold  VERY COLD                                                                                                                                                                              
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

I organised a charity music day last year, took over a local pub, got my disco out of retirement, convinced three bands to play free of charge, and blagged a load of raffle prizes. Midday to Midnight of non stop music and we even got a visit from the local press.
A little less stressful to organise is a race night and they can easily raise a few hundred quid.   Good luck.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

How about getting team spesh to help every time he falls off he has to give you £50.00                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

lol @ Old Un   Spoke to Stella last night and she explained what it was all about and its a excellent cause so come on folks get your thinking caps on and your hands in your pockets :)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 1542 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption