Diet and Stopped Smoking New Years Res.

27 Posts | Latest reply on 28/02/2012 11:29:01 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well I stopped smoking on Saturday Mainly  because had flu, but still not had fag.  Enter here if you have stopped also.  and give each other support. Also started diet but started back at work to-day and  got Double sausage and egg  from Mc Duffs, so lettuce for tea and 1/2 a wine gum. NOT TOO LATE TO START, Reasons to stop Smoking. 1. Kills you. 2. Family Kids. 3. work out money saved by new bike or Holiday? Reasons to Diet. 1. Kills You . 2. Family Kids. 3. Clothes don't Fit anymore. ( I was size 38 2 years ago now 42 ) 4. Self Esteem.   I have lost weight before (5 stone) got to size 34 felt great, and healthy. Put it all back on very depressed.   Anyway get on board I will update weekly or join in with others who submit and lets make this a Great New Year. John                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well done John 

I will be continuing to watch my weight as I did last year , lost 3 stone & hope to lose another 2 by June 25th Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

I packed in smoking on the 31st dec 1989 never looked back didnt save any money just spent it in other places lol                                                                                                                                                                             
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

Shell,  unless you have piled another 2 stones on you will be disappearing. You are looking fabby girl ... yes FABBY, not flabby  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

DOA - try the Slimming World diet... ask Rockchickeelicious about it... no need for lettuce leaves man   tell her I sent you there tho... I might get freeeeebie membership (lol)   Need to give it a go myself.... erm ... no NY resolutions for me.....   But .... you can still have chicken, slimming world recipe chips which are yummy yum... can vouch for that myself Big smile... baked beans and coleslaw and that is a recipe for comfort food ... no doubt about it Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Well I'm not starting a diet , all I'm doing is getting fit and  making sure I eat a well balanced diet, they by- product will be I loose weight. Also one of the benefits of exercise is the endorphins released help conter act depression, I know i've felt that benefit myself in the past!
Bonus of being fitter it makes riding your bike easier and more peasurable 
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I actually started smoking again over crimbo... stopped being a social smoker just on nights out (aka ciggy scrounger) and bought baccy & rizlas & smoked myself stupid over crimbo....amazing how you can become an addict again really really quick.   But hate smelling like an ashtray, hate the nicotine fingers, hate the grockly throat and I don't want to have an asthma attack or die of lung cancer, so I'm stopping that nonsence NOW!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Well done D.O.A. quiting smoking can be difficult for most people. Good luck in staying stopped.   I quit Oct 20th 2007, cold turkey, best thing I've ever done, apart from having my son of course.   Only advice I can give to those who want to stop smoking is don't think of it as giving up altogether, think of it as giving up the next fag, that way it seems do-able instead of daunting. Once you've managed the next fag, aim for the next one and so on, smaller goals can seem more achievable and more likely to stop.   Don't feel guilty if you have a fag, just don't have the next one, at least you are giving your lungs a break whenever you don't have one.   You really have to want to give up for it to work completely, that's how I managed it.   According to the adverts those who get help, such as nicotine patches, are more likely to stay stopped. So don't struggle, get to the doctors and ask for help if that's what you think will help you.   And to all those who know someone who smokes and is giving up, don't nag them if they relapse but encourage them when they do well.   Good Luck to all those trying to quit.                                                                                                                                                                                     
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks JP stopped for 10 years then started about three years ago.   thanks suzy see my 2005 Niagra Photo with Maid In Mist blue Poncho taken 2005 this was the year I lost 5 stone. This why i want to get off some Fat I used slimming world then but feel i can do it on my own now. PS Still no fags yet. One incentive is my brother who died about 6 months ago, heavy smoker and fatty like me only two years older.  anyway thanks everyone keep tuned inn                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I am sure you will do it DOA , 

I quit smoking 5 years ago , 6 months after meeting Ian, I never smoked near him or when I was with him as he did not smoke, he knew I did but it didnt bother him (or at least he never said it did) but i got to the stage when we moved in together of not smoking more than I was smoking so quit, 

Suzie Hug big hugs lady for that my so called 'ideal weight' is 3 stone less than I am now , that would have me at about a size 8, something even I dont want to see me at ... a 10/12 backside I will be happy with tho Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'll be happy with your 10/12 backsideHug                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

*shakes head in despair* 

XK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

luvs yr really!    and as fr yr backside - cor!Heart                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well done to all of you !!! Start as you mean to carry on......I gave up the fags after an operation about 16 years ago cos it felt like I'd had my throat slashed when I came round from the anasthetic lol.

Gave up with weight watchers........should have used the weekly fee to save up for liposuction!!!

Been running for about 7 years and like you said Ian the benefits are great, I've lost weight and feel fitter now than I did in my 20's LOL it's also helped with depression plus I now run half-marathons for well deserved charities!!!

You'll have good and bad days but the hardest challenge is deciding to do it so WELL DONE!!!Clap

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

I need to get fit but due to work hours I really cant see it happening poor excuse I know but its the best I can come up with                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

After you'ved climbed into your truck, climb out again. Repeat 50 times. Remember to end inside.   No thanks necessarySmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi everyone. Day 10  still no fag, Diet I am struggling with sending this from Mc Duffs. JP get a dog, I take mine for a 20 minute work each night after work,  Radley pesters me if i dont take him out straight away, not much excercise but better than nowt. John
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Day 10 still no fag   Well done John Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

day 16 still no puffing, but diet going not so well leathers a bit tight.
How are the rest of you doing with New years resolutions then.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hi D.O.A. I don't make resolutions, I know I'd probably break them   Well done on the stop smoking, keep going Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 876 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption