woo hoo . a free xmas upgrade (is that you)

119 Posts | Latest reply on 04/01/2012 11:08:29 by iceybusa | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Welcome back to the site Arfur!  Thumbs Up  Glad the free upgrade grabbed your attention and reminded you that BM are still alive and kicking - very much so  PartyBeer                                                                                                                                                                              
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

In: benfleet essex
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

nicely  put  matt, im all  paid  up  now  for  the  next  year , thanks  for  the   code  saving  me  25% .. see you  in  chat  sooner  or  later 
Matt's Profile
Matt

Topic "Xmas Gift" merged with this one                                                                                                                                                                              
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Some of the comments on this thread have really Censored me off. Why some people think they can get a free week and do nothing but complain astounds me. When I joined BM there was nothing much happening in my part of the country. For that reason I became a member of the events team in order to get some things arranged for people in my area. If there's nothing happening much around the area where you live you could do the same thing. As for the comment about paying to be a member then having to organise things yourself, get real!!! There are thousands of rallies every year organised my a multitude of bike clubs. The members of these clubs are almost certainly paid up members of their respective clubs and organise the events without being paid for the enjoyment of others. Why should BM be any different just because it's on-line and not a conventional MCC. With regards to appointing an events organisor for your area which you wrongly call a moderator, appointing doesn't come into it. Someone from your area needs to volunteer. The moderators, events team, and other site staff work hard throughout the year for the benefit of all the members. In doing so I have received a couple of abusive PM's, and I know that the moderator staff receive considerably more than I do. We don't get paid, we do it to make BM what it is and to meet some great people. If you can't find what you're looking for either organise something and get it on the calendar or stop whinging.

buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

i  had  to  make the  100th comment .. and i  dont  think  the  99th  comment will be seen by  who  it  was intended  lol  .. hiya  simon 66  maybe see you  in the  chat room  sooner or  later ..
Matt's Profile
Matt

very well said Simon!  Thanks for all your help                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Simon he will be back next free week he gets and will do the same again he is just a to**er who will never be a paid up member. Matt I know that the free week brings in newbies every year but cant you be a little more selctive in it. Im sure the mods know the few that just wind folk up for free and have no intention of being payed up members.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Well said Simon :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

I thought I'd gone a bit OTT with it but obviously not, although that was the heavily edited version of what I originally wrote as there were too many Censored to start with; lol.

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Well said Simon and JP.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Matt's Profile
Matt

JP i'm sure we can figure it out next time (valentine's day?).  We'll have to make a list of who we don't want in next time.  I already have a few names on my list  :-D                                                                                                                                                                              
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

just  aslong  as  you  include , fairly  busty  , kind, funny,aged between 40 -48  and  live  within 5  miles  of  benfleet ,essex  , female  offcourse .....    Clap                                                                                                                                                                              
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

How can you be selective with Newbies and reading this wont help them join Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Why should we have to put up with some freeloaders coming on the site just to wind folk up and cause trouble Matt know who thay are and will only exclude the few that dont deserve the free week

drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Jaybecs I thought the same as you when I was reading thisConfused                                                                                                                                                                              
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

Oh and as regards some members moaning .... I spoke to one in particular via a PM and explained a few bits about the site what mods do and don't do and suggested that maybe to start with just post a thread if they were able and see if anyone was interested in a rideout. (it they can't post have said they can pm me and I will do so on thier beahlf). Response was positive and they will give it a go ..... Its amazing when you speak to someone one to one how you can resolve some issues.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Ok I will try to explain it better over last Xmas and this Xmas there were a few folk who got a free week and did nothing but bitch wine and moan that the site doesn't do anything for them we Tryed to help them but just got told by one the site that must entertain them and why should thay do anything others just came on and caused rows you know who I mean .
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Jabecs, the comments about excluding folk were aimed at those who were previously members, therefore not newbies, and contributed nothing to the site, in most cases, except criticism of the staff, the site and anything within it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   Matt said:   And thanks to all the members who regularly volunteer their time to make BikerMatch what it is today.   Thanks for the appreciation Matt. My thanks also to all other members of staff. Big smile Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
iceybusa's Profile
iceybusa

In: Moreton In Marsh
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

I think (not that anyone wants to know but i'll put my two pence worth in anyway)...   ..that sometimes it's the actions of those that misbehave that highlights and heightens the worth of those that don't.   It takes all to make a world and IMHO it would be a mistake to censer the invites Matt. Sometimes the adversary incites the Dunkirk spirit in others and word for word, feeling for feeling, the sum total of the good can be bettered by the inclusion of the bad. [/old hippy icey]                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 459 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption