sorn declarations

14 Posts | Latest reply on 15/01/2012 16:29:55 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Annual ...> www.motorcyclenews.com Motorcyclists with bikes kept off-road will no longer have to fill in a SORN declaration form every year following a Government announcement. Owners will only...                                                                                                                                                                               
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Great, there isnt a month goes by without a SORN arriving in the post here..some bikes been off rd 7 yrs or more..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/Gene...-scrapped/    Hope this link works better Mic Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

cheers boss , ya know me and jimmy or johnny or jack at this time of night ................ ,   " i need a good secatary , to take short hand and trasngribe into english as it is "                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

The rest of Mic's post   ...Owners will only have to fill in a Statutory Off-Road Notification once instead of annually.   The need for a paper licence counterpart is also to be scrapped from 2015 in changes aimed at cutting red tape for motorists.   Additional proposals include removing the need for motorists to hold an insurance certificate and abolishing the requirement of proof of insurance when applying for road tax.   It will allow more people to tax vehicles online by relying on automatic insurance database checks.   Transport Secretary Justine Greening said: “Motorists shouldn’t have to keep numerous bits of paper just to prove they can drive and have bought insurance – we live in a digital age and we need to embrace that.   “Reducing the number of rules and regulations in our life is absolutely vital to removing barriers to economic growth and increasing individual freedoms.   This whole process just proves that there’s so much sitting on our statute books that at the very least needs a good spring clean or can be scrapped entirely."                                                                                                                                                                                  
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Is someone finally on the bikers' side? Nice one Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

Common sense at last !                                                                                                                                                                             
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough

I agree with common sense at last but it may also be a way for the government to cut more jobs to pay the deficit.  Call me a cynic! 

John. Disapprove

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Additional proposals ....  

hmmmm so are we to gather its not actually going through at the moment just being talked about ? If so it could still end up like every other proposals the government have where bikes are concerned ... on a shelf gathering dust! 

TonyG's Profile
TonyG

In: london

I have been stopped twice by Police in london on 2 different bikes telling me I did not have Insurance. Fortunately I had credit on my phone to call the Insurance company to find out what was going on. I had to pass my phone to the officer for the Insurance bloke to tell them what was wrong & it turned out to be a clerical error. Otherwise I was not allowed to ride my bike. Its a crock o sh!t.
TonyG's Profile
TonyG

In: london

Sorry. I should have mentioned that the compurized system is crap & still have to carry my papers around to prove I have insurance to aggressive officers.                                                                                                                                                                             
Leepylee's Profile
Leepylee

In: Keighley / Skipt

Good news about the relaxing of SORN regs, but for me the greatest scam of our age is when buying road tax near the end of a month you only get 5 months/11 months but you have to pay for the full 6 0r 12 months; this is like being short changed in a pub or being ripped off over short measures. When this medieval practice is eventually rescinded will we all then be pestered by no-win-no-fee lawyers touting for our compensation claims?                                                                                                                                                                             
big_col's Profile
big_col

In: birmingham

AJ   Yoyu can check the insurance status of any motor vichle at www.askmid.com and it is freefor personal use. It the same database used by the police to do the checks.  checking your bike is on there helps to catch these clerical errors!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Glad I checked as mine is not showing up, cheeky barstewards ....ok things to do tomorrow!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6553 seconds. There are 1142 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption