GT 550 Kawasaki battery sensor

6 Posts | Latest reply on 14/01/2012 18:42:59 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

As above is there a way i can do away with the pointless piece of poo? simply taking it out wont do as the idiot light on the dash will be flashing at me for ever and ever grrrrrrr what idiot thought that up? for instance could i just earth it out? or is there summat else? cheers all you boffins. Gareth
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Is there a block conecter on the sensor lead? If so you might be able to un-pick the wires from one end of the conector and join them together. It MIGHT work, has to be the wires going to the main loom and not the wires going to the sensor. Hope this helps.
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Take the bulb out the idiot panel.                                                                                                                                                                              
Gloom's Profile
Gloom

In: Southport

Bearing in mind that it's 02:45 in the morning please double check first before sticking a resister in the circuit( I'm still seeing straight so I suppose I'm OK)  To stop the warning light from flashing when the battery sensor has failed disconnect the lead and connect it to the positive terminal by a 50k resistor, Current drain is minimal and it stops the bloody thing flashing all the time although Harry Worth's idea of removing he bulb is a quicker fix.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

it's an LED stupidly complicated so not that easy to remove                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

had a bit of a google, simple fix connect the wire to the positive terminal job done                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3164 seconds. There are 675 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption