Yam xj600

3 Posts | Latest reply on 04/12/2011 21:44:31 by DukeZ | Go to original / last post
DukeZ's Profile
DukeZ

In: Wigan
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Just bought a Yam xj600, very low mileage but a bit tatty and showing its age.  however, its all there, a few minor jobs will get it though its MOT no probs.

The plan though, is to turn this into a bobber/flattracker/special thingymajig.  Anyone done something similar? any usefull ideas? i said USEFUL lol.

I'm thinking basically of keeping the engine and frame as is, and changing everything else, so theres lots of scope for your imagination.

cheers

Duke

ps pic of bike in my profile soon                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

The was a series of articles earlier this year in Bike magazine about modding Divvy 600s, maybe some inspiration there?                                                                                                                                                                             
DukeZ's Profile
DukeZ

In: Wigan
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Thanks for reply Wills

My bike though, is pre-divvy and at the end of the project will look nothing like a yam xj600.  actually, i have decided to keep the tail unit and have a paint scheme in line with the green/gold/reds which are used in a lot of the costumes of characters in LOTR, such as the people of Rohan and Rivendell.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2188 seconds. There are 951 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption