email blockage

5 Posts | Latest reply on 16/11/2011 19:57:18 by harry worth | Go to original / last post
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Im having a problem with incoming emails not coming through as of yesterday, I think its down to a mate sending too many what could be high capacity messages all at once, I get info on mail activity of 25 emails and 800 odd k/bs flashing up then nowt comes through.Any ideas to clear backlog please, on a mac if that makes any difference. Thanks
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Large tin of prunes should do the trick lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I've had this before where large emails don't download, cause a timeout and then send the process back to the beginning only to time out again, gets stuck in a loop.

I imagine its a pop3 based email account - 

if so the simplest way around it is to logon to via webmail
 - either via the portal provided by your isp/email provider or one from a service such as mail2web.com.

That should allow you to delete the large email's from your friend, which should clear the problem. 

Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

I didnt cause any timeout honest                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Seems ok now, switched on tonight and after a bit of coughing and spluttering it spewed out a mountain of messages. Thanks all.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2344 seconds. There are 749 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption