Biker Fireworks Nov 5th

8 Posts | Latest reply on 10/11/2011 11:46:32 by Rattay | Go to original / last post
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

At the Plough Inn, Bedworth CV12 0LQ, near Coventry on Saturday November 5th. Crossed Keys MCC.   Fire lighting at 7.00pm Chinese bike to be blown up. The Stig (A professional pyrotechnic whizz) setting off the fireworks. Marquees with rock music playing in one. Pig roast, dogs' and burgers. Beer from behind the bar and even cheaper cans from the kitchen door (ssshhhh!!!!). Guy Fawkes competition (best guy made by the the kids, first prize, and of course prizes for all the other kids!) Fire and rescue benefit from any profits made. Fire and rescue present for H&S requirements.   Come along if you live nearby!   Kids entrance is free. Adults £5 on the door Admittance from 6.30pm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

We're already out that night if I can find someone to sit the dog, but sounds like a great do and cheap enough for a night's entertainment.

bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds like a great do Rattey, would have been great to have caught up with you (it seems like forever), but like Boss Mom, I also have alternative plans.   Hope you have a fab time and see you at the Xmas do Hug     p.s. Have you seen Wally???                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

Not seen Wally! lol   The do is attended by mainly local folk but a few local bike groups  make an appearance.   We are in direct competition with the Miners Welfare Park bonfire (Bedworth) but our do is a little more intimate and a little less (hmmm lot less!) ruled by H&S!Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Where fireworks are concerned there couldn't be enough Health & Safety rules, in MHO.   When I was about 9 years old I was hit by a rocket being set off in the crowd which ended up on my leg, fortunately I wore very thick tights so I managed to escape serious injury.                                                                                                                                                                              
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

Bonfire night was a total success.   Minimal H&S and no serious injuries.   I feel personally that with concerns such as global warming through the greenhouse effect. Oil, coal and gas reserves disappearing in our childrens lifetimes, and most countries now trying to back out of their promises for the reduction and storage of carbon dioxide from power plants, there are many more important issues than the odd firework injury. Wrapping people in cotton wool for their safety whilst half the world starves seems pretty innapropriate to me.   Bonfire night is a great British tradition that fortunately has not been wiped out or totally controlled by the authorities yet.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Rattay, alltho the issues you mention are indeed important, and I didn't get seriously hurt physically, I didn't think my experience as a child wasn't important.   I doubt those who lost a limb would think their experience unimportant, neither the families of those who lost their life all due to someone messing about with fireworks.                                                                                                                                                                               
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

They will be introducing laws to stop us motorbiking next because it's dangerous! Wink   I agree with you messing around with fireworks is stupid.   As I said in the first post we had a professional pyrotechnic person setting off all the fireworks at our do.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 581 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption