Social bikers v's more keen bikers

32 Posts | Latest reply on 28/10/2011 21:35:09 by Trix | Go to original / last post
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Motorways are very safe places if you read the road and understand the needs of other road users                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

What's your view ?   You only think there are 3 categories? Mm, that's me in the 'minority' again then cos I don't fit any of your 1 2 and 3.   I see others have made comments that I agree with, including those who say 'what does it matter?'                                                                                                                                                                                 
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Many more than 3 categories and no one category is better than  another.   Personally,now I am in my late fifties (ouch!) I do not set out and ride in bad weather, but if accidentally caught out in it I don't stress or particularly mind.   If I need to travel a long way I go by M/way but have to fight the boredom.   In The UK I prefer fast country roads with few speed traps!   For the best touring I get the Ferry from Portsmouth to Santander and bike around Spain/Portugal for less traffic and better biking roads and of course the milder weather!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I think there are a lot more than 3 ... for me I like to ride as much as I can and have done lots of miles touring, however I use the car for work ... cannot ride a bike in skirt & heels (Down XK!!) 

Like others on here I dont set out to ride in bad weather but if it hits I dont mind it (I guess that's from doing my test over winter lol) but snow & ice are a no no for me                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Just put your work skirt and heels in a rucksack shell....I do!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

No place safe to leave the bike at the moment & riding is a no no till my foot & tendon are completely healed ... but I may do that once sorted Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

Wishful thinking Shell - aint nothing that'll keep XK down - good slap round the head might help tho Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oooh - promises, promisesSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As a harley rider, ahem,  I Like the ride to the coast I don't mind motorways, especially when going to cornwall from the Mids it's the fastest way, and as for the speed thing I can't see the point anymore been there done that.  My roadking is comfortable and I can ride all day on it if I wanted too.
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Used to do the snow and ice [fresh 6in snow was brilliant] but I don't bounce so well anymore.                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Ride every day and all year, tour, scratch, blast and toddle.  Not done rallies for a while but have done and you will only find me on a motorway to get somewhere far away if I have too

rest of the time I'm on the best roads in the Uk.....the Highlands Thumbs Up

Trix's Profile
Trix

In: East tilbury

I ride to work , then I ride for work , then I ride home from work , then if I go out ,well I ride, all of my holidays are riding ones just done 4500 miles to the Sahara and back , some motorways but not much , Im off to the elephant rally in January for a winter break lol

[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq323/Trix1968/elephant060300nz.jpg[/IMG]

this was a day out last year lol

[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq323/Trix1968/IMAG0191.jpg[/IMG]

Slightly warmer climes 

[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq323/Trix1968/DSCF7150.jpg[/IMG]

Now if you think this is just a phase , well I started at the age of three and have never not had a motorbike , that is forty years now . So you can call me hardcore or whatever , it matters not to me what or how much you ride but the fact that you spread the word on this marvelous form of transport/fun.

If there was another category then maybe it could be obsessed lol and I thought I was single because I am short an ugly , ummm think i have just made a discovery lol

Ride safe and well all.....  

ps it appears you cant upload pics help anyone ???                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9063 seconds. There are 578 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption