Social bikers v's more keen bikers

32 Posts | Latest reply on 28/10/2011 21:35:09 by Trix | Go to original / last post
KarenTwickenham's Profile
KarenTwickenham

In: Twickenham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi,

In the motorcycle world I've picked up that there are three types
of bikers..

1. The bikers that are very hardcore and ride motorways and do lots of motorcycle touring.
2. Bikers that only pull their motorbikes out of their garages a couple of times a month for an easy paced slower ride to the beach via a roads.
3. The ones that like the speed and only want to ride fast at any available opportunity.

What's your view ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

4. Harley riders, often associated with 2. Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Wow!  I'm hardcore!                                                                                                                                                                             
chickflick75's Profile
chickflick75

In: Merseyside

I'm a budget biker LOL (not had a bike for 10 years due to finances though next year will be back) but like to have an ickle leisurely ride tootling along   and also love the pilly ride (thanks to the guys kind enough to put up with me!) for the speed and corners etc Smile                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No licence yet but I'll be a mix of 1 and 3.   I can see using it for work and everything unless the weather is too harsh.  Become an irregular car driver basically.  While my instructor has already noted that the speeds and twistys are my home.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Think there are def more types than just 3, what about the ones that spend the goo dweather months rallying as well as doing pootling about and day trips here there and everywhere.

Pretty sure somebody else will add more versions lol

clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Got to agree with BJ.  You could make loads of catergories but, what does it matter?.  I have a friend who only has a bike as transport,  does a very high mileage each year.  I sometimes use my bike for work, go on rideouts with others, do toy runs, do rallies etc etc.  Each to thier own.  I see myself as a motorcyclist anyway.  Dont see the need to make distinctions.

If you have a bike and its all legal, you're free to ride it or not, without needing approval from anyone else
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

how about ...   1a... will do motorways to get to events that are a fair distance way  just to eat miles, but goes out scratchin for fun when at rallies or at home.... but goes out all day ..lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Think i'm 1a and a bit                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Big smile Doesnt really matter to me what type of biker a person is , at the end of the day a bike beats a car. If its absolutley tipping it down with gale force winds or if its snowing, then i will go in the car. My bike is for pleasure and the hell of it the car for pure convenience. Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My bike is for pleasure and the hell of it the car for pure convenience   There might be a conflict of interest, if you fancy a spot of nookie on the back seatEmbarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

I think you cant categorise people like that really - there are a whole host of people who ride for a wide variety of reasons, most not listed above.Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
xv1700's Profile
xv1700

In: denton

ride every day its my only form of transport had a few cars but they bore me                                                                                                                                                                             
Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

In: Liverpool

different strokes for different folks use my bike whenever i can prefer not to use motorways unless they're necessary but avoid going out on the bike if its tipping down as she's a bugger to clean and lives outside so no nice warm garage to clean her in!! sometimes HAVE to use the car for workeven on nice days due to any work related usage where i need to carry my client group
so there is more than just 3 categories not that it makes a blind bit of difference to me............ if you ride/pilly its all good in my book
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i think motorways are avoided whenever possible by die hards if an alternative available!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

the Bikes my only transport:

Ride everyday to work, motorways & dual carriageways,  

Head to the hills whenever I can, I prefer to munch miles on motorways to get somewhere, and then ride the back roads once I'm there.

harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

As above, by choice.                                                                                                                                                                              
shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

bike my only transport used every day until ice and snow appears                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

never learnt to drive a car so I ride the Harley all year round, though I use a push bike to get work on coz its only 2 miles away                                                                                                                                                                             
KarenTwickenham's Profile
KarenTwickenham

In: Twickenham

I avoid UK motorways whenever possible !! 

Not the perfect candidate for a long UK touring holiday (: Far too many cars on road to feel even remotely safe !

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9063 seconds. There are 576 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption