Winter riding, what could you not do without?

60 Posts | Latest reply on 29/02/2012 21:37:08 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Yep agree with you kaz lol  plus knobbley tyres cait wait for the snow                                                                                                                                                                              
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i find a leather jacket is just one things i cant do without , lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

What could not do without.... ermm my car, sod riding my bike in the snow and ice,   too prove what how many pieces of plastic you can pick up in 5 minutes... Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

i'm with you there Blade_rider                                                                                                                                                                              
Meliejayne76's Profile
Meliejayne76

In: Peterborough

For me in winter any mode of my own transport Lol hate having to use public transport lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

For me its my brain i get it wrong every year im not going out if its below freezing as i always fall off an im sporting a displaced knee cap from last winter just had a mri scan on it yesterday an when ur the wrong side of 50 body takes so long to heal and bears memory ouucccchhhhh! 
Littlefecker's Profile
Littlefecker

In: Sheffield
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Pot's, his bike, my leathers, helmet gloves n thermals! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
gixergal's Profile
gixergal

In: North East Linco
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

"i still think a garage is the best place for a bike over winter"

Agree with you Bill and Blade_rider Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Littlefecker's Profile
Littlefecker

In: Sheffield
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Oh n me boots! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

junction heated grips and muffs take some beating for warm n toastie pinkies in the cold, i do 10 hours a day 5 days a week despatch riding in london so i think i have a little knowledge of such things. saying that i draw the line at snow/black ice no no no no and erm noooooooooooooooooooooooo lol
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

heated grips money well spentApprove                                                                                                                                                                              
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

my BMW RS, with its  brilliant fairing and heated grips                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

My K1200gt with fairing, large screen, wind deflectors, heated grips and seats, plus long johns and a couple of layers.                                                                                                                                                                              
cavywavy's Profile
cavywavy

In: Ashbourne

Does everyone have mits over there heated grips. Iv never had any myself this year I finnialy got fed up of not been able to feel my hands by the time I got to work and brought some heated gloves. the putting all the cables in is a right pain.   But I couldnt see how the heated grips would keep my hands warm the air flows over the top, thats the bit that gets cold                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I tried bar muffs but couldn't stand them getting in the way in the rain, when you have to take your hand out to wipe your visor in traffic. Binned them.   Now fitted Barkbusters Storm S1s fantastic, not as warm as muffs but way more practical and look better! Barkbusters are brilliant to deal with too! If your bike isn't on their list (mine wasn't) contact them and they'll be as helpful as you could wish for!   I'd tried a couple of "universal" brands that I was assured would fit by dealers but wouldn't. Then found Barkbusters who were ace, the U.K dealer told me they wouldn't fit but Barkbusters in Australia said they would and they do! Crikey....I've gone on a bit!Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

In: benfleet essex
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

my   set of  gerbins heated clothing.  after about  2 mins  it feels like  your  emersed in a  hot  bath  from neck  to  toe . ive not  got  the  gloves  @£200 a pair . but  if  you can  keep  your  heart  warm  it  keeps  blood  pumping around  all  of  your  body  and  you  dont  get blood  loss from  fingers  or  toes  or  brain .  so  you  can keep  full concentration on the  road  to, very important even more  so  on wintry  roads. 
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

my Sarah.......simpleHeart                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

awww sweet andy . but for me its me gerbing jacket and me muffs.                                                                                                                                                                               
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

still think it's best to leave the bike at home and go in car

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yeah but if you need a blat out befroe you lose your mind..... even if its darn cold...LOL Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 757 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption