Sleeping Bag

76 Posts | Latest reply on 22/10/2011 23:06:06 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Unfortunately with sleeping systems it is always a case of you get what you pay for...you can never get the compact small size and light weight we all want with out paying a fortune for it......take it from me I have used a lot of is type of kit during my time in the Marines in Norway and lots of other nice snow bound and cold as hell places...UK is the coldest because of the wet air actually added to by wind chill factor so it feels colder than the minus temps elsewhere....... Exped kit is always good...usually developed from trials with military experts like Mountain Leaders etc....the companies give the kit out for them to trial and send feed back to them for development...
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

johnny,,,think i'm going to go for a new therarest basecamp,,,a slightly better sleeping bag,,4 season if i can,,,but with a bivi bag and sleeping bag liner to add the xtra seasons,,,also thinking on the idea of a smaller tent for winter,,,possibly spectre 200?,,so not trying to heat up large space,,,will also carry tarp to cook/sit under...,, I'm trying to go for a winter bike kit,,,tips on here have been great !!!!                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just been on ebay and came across a Therarest Trial Pro Mattress large (2011)   these are advertised as being the warmest thermarests to date and the best comfort you can get other than booking into a hotel ?? 270835144885 ebay no   £89,,,,,but the ones from AlpKit are thicker and only £60 ??   not looking anymore tonight,,,heads done in,,,,voddy time !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The thermarests are excellent the Dutch marines get them issued as standard and they use the best kit purchased direct of the shelf...                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

so what do you look out for in a thermarests, is it thickness or type of construction, i perfume the thicker ones pack bigger, do thy have any sort of coldness rating

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bill,,,its a nightmare,,,, you need to consider comfort,,size,,thickness,,,and the latest one i mentioned ,,the Trial pro ,,has excellent coldness rating,,,look it up on ebay,,,ive put item no up.... For you bill,,you will have more choice as you are not as heavy and fat as me,,,so you will get the comfort from a thinner mattress !!!!!,,,hence you will also get the small pack size !!!! I'm thinking about biting the bullet and getting the trial pro,,, never had a pro before LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

I had a trial of a pro in Thailand but thats another storyTongue                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Think that story will be for the next camp fire harry LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

was that any cheaper than the ones on ebay Harry, bet it was a lot more comfy                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

probably cheaper than the ones on ebay billLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i'm starting to regret eating your crumpets harry!!!! xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

not going to comment for the risk of getting into trouble...   but what was crumpets harry's pet name forOuch   more wine pleaseBeer                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

er, crumpets!!! lol lovely toasted for breakfast on sunday at the roaches - with butter!!! mmm mmm                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i had some terry's chocolate orange for breakfast that morning with 2 cups of tea  ,,,bliss                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cant start without super strong coffee i'm afraid! i still had some snickers flapjacks left, then harry whipped out his crumpets!
crumpets, coffee & flapjacks - now THATS bliss!! xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

any foods bliss at moment,,,i,m starving,,,fruit and rabbit food all day,,,,no chocolate for a week,,,i know know what smokers go through when they give up fagsUnhappy                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 795 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption