Sleeping Bag

76 Posts | Latest reply on 22/10/2011 23:06:06 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I use a Marmot down never summer bag for winter minus 16C, used to use a 2 season inside a 3+ season it worked ok till you needed a pee, takes longer to get out if you have rolled about. Down gives a better pack size with less weight than synthetic but synthetic is still warm if it gets wet unlike down. At the end of the day you get what you pay for, don't do millets blacks argos, they have no serious stuff have a look at cotswolds outdoor, there are some very warm and big fishing bags around but are bulky.
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

i use a cotton liner in a 3 season bag and find it brilliant, it packs down to not much bigger than a coke tin size and in summer i have sometimes used it instead of the sleeping bag                                                                                                                                                                              
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

I always take 2 sleeping bags, one inside the other for when it gets cold. They both pack up really small so no probs there. Cheap and cheerful solution. Usually I get them both ready for me to just get inside when I get back to the tent, but on Saturday I forgot to. Hence they got a bit twisted up together and I couldn't get in properly. That's probably when you heard me shouting "get off you b*stard" or words to that effect during the night on Saturday Craig, and that's the truth...your honour LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

OK I will tell you my secrect - the vango bad AND I take a hot water bottle Embarrassed - it works everytime unless your a bit squiffy and fill the damn bottle but FORGET to put it in you sleeping bag - not that I have ever done that Wink ooooooh and dont forget a furry bunnet lol x
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

Only wear a wicking type T shirt in bag, if you sweat it will chill you and if you "must" use a LILO type airbed put a space blanket on top then a normal blanket because they convect cold from the ground and suck the warmth out of you. Bag liners look for a Meraclon one. [not spelt right]
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Not sure what type of bed yet harry as i'm looking at all options for winter camping,,,,might get a deeper thermarest as mine are only 3cm,,,have trouble with airbeds recently.....have been told to put space blanket on ground to prevent cold/damp,,,never thought about on top of bed !!
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I know it's easier for Ian and I as we can divide the stuff between us but the way I suffer from the cold even my birthday camp in April and the camp in Cornwall were cold for me.

One thing I discovered last year was faux fur ... I now have a blanket that rolls up small and goes inside the sleeping bag with the 'fur' bit next to your skin (awaiting XK's comments (rolls eyes)) it really does keep you toasty warm and fleecy Jim Jams too :-)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just spent last hour browsing shell,,,going to do a bit leg work over next few weeks and visit a few outlets,,,at least then i can try them out and then google them for best prices,,,thats if i find any thats suitable that is...going to get a liner this week and if its frosty i might camp out in garden to test it !!!!along with my ex nor/ bivi bag... neighbours already think i'm stupid so it wont make any differenceLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

I swear by Thermarests I use the 5cm ones, they do a thicker one but it is quite a bit bulkier. The cheaper copies aren't as good.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ive got two harry,,,but they are both 3cm....I think the 5cm will do for me so might invest in another,,,,,will probably need a new shed as well to keep all my camping gear in,,,,a while ago the neo or similar was mentioned on here,,,a lightweight thermarest i think,,but retails around £100-£130...was wanting something a bit cheaper so i can invest more in a sleeping bag......off now to google therarestsThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

Aint you in bed yet? I would be but prat next door got his tumble drier going and it hums through the walls. A mate of mine has a large oblong bag [not mummy] I'll find out what it is, wont be able to post till sunday
got rally on from tomorrow.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Don't know wot Shell is on about - she has a Mr P to keep her warm!   And as for fleecy jim jams... who said romance was dead?Wink   It'll be single beds on honeymoon next!Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dont go to bed till stupid o clock after a late shift harry,,,,finish work at 10pm,,,get in about 20past,,,,,and catch up on computer till i get tired,,,off now to make a hot drink,,,,already had a few cold ones....   Was wondering how long it would take you XKLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ps,,,have a good rally harry,,hope its not to cold !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

space blanket under the bed the bed works for me

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bill....ive got a few space blankets somewhere in shed,,i think,,,,never thought about using them...will now though...                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I've been reading some good reviews about self-inflating air beds and how they are much more effective at insulating you from the cold than conventional airbeds...dithered about buying one all season so I think I'm going to go for it now and ditch the airbed
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

There are cheaper brands out there,,,but the "Thermarest Range" range seem to be most popular,,,and like sleeping bags you can also get the beds for all seasons,,,,,I'd go for 5cm depth for comfort,,,more if i had more space on bike !!!but still neeed to investigate myself these neoair beds that supposed to be smaller pack size ???
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

Thermorests have a lifetime guarantee.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sharky92's Profile
Sharky92

In: Winsford, Cheshi

Alpkit.com do good stuff too. I have a pair of Fat Airics, but they're obsolete now and replaced by the Dozer mats. 7cm of luxury, and you can get them on a bike Smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 536 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption