Timeline in Chat box?

25 Posts | Latest reply on 15/11/2011 01:01:12 by Junction47 | Go to original / last post
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

In: Swansea
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

as per the title, really.. no way of telling what time the last chat was posted, when a comment was left etc(?)

kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

look top rite
last post  give date and time
hugs xx

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

thats shows when your in the chat box of coarse                                                                                                                                                                               
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

tks corset-Kay & Bill - was thinking more along the lines of seeing the times alongside posts when in the forum (as well as in chat) ?                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Confused Jct47, the time that a person left a post in the forums is just above their text in the post / text box.   (what colour do you want your 'blonde' wig? lol)                                                                                                                                                                              
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

@Sandi, I don't know..  the back is still brown! LOL

re: Chat timeline..
If you're in either the forum or chat it would be useful to see the times that Chat entries were made e.g.  the Chat entry on the left, the time on the right(?)
Hope that makes it clear(er) :)

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

the problem with that then is that nobody will go into the chatroom.   It's been suggested before and I decided against the idea.   If everyone sees the last post was 4 hours ago - nobody will go into it. Whereas if you don't know, you'll open the chat to have a look.  Because it's a popup window you'll be likely to then leave it open until someone else logs in.                                                                                                                                                                             
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

works the opposite way for me, sorry Matt (but I'm odd)                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'm with J47 ( but I'm odd too)                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

I have never noticed a 'time line' in chat????                                                                                                                                                                             
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'm with the boys on this one, I sometimes see the chat but won't go in because I don't know when it was sent.....I'm getting older with you Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

Thumbs Up Elliemay (and XR)

"There are ' x ' members in Chat"

..ppl can still go in & leave a msg or wait for others if it shows Ɔ', or not waste time by joining an empty chatroom(?)
And if they decide to wait, the counter will show the presence of someone wanting to chat and attract others to room(?)

The current system doesn't work very well (jmho), must be worth a shot?

46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Just go and chat!!    If there's nobody there,  talk to yourself - works for me!!!  hee hee!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

I talk to myself enough as it is! lol

If I start typing msgs to me, too, they're calling the white-coats :(

nitro70's Profile
nitro70

In: Huddersfield

Matt . Sometimes there is a timeline on there ? Is this a glitch in the system or is it you just  trying it out ? I agree that there should be a timeline .. it makes it easier to follow the chat .. it`s so easy to miss what`s going on in the room .. Come into chat halfway through a conversation and don`t know what they are on about ? You would get more people joining in if they could find out what`s going on .. make their comments etc Go on Matt .. you know you wanna put it on .. lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

Thumbs Up nitro..

* a scroll bar in the chatroom.. can catch the start of a conversation or see wth people are talking about!  lol

nitro70's Profile
nitro70

In: Huddersfield

Yes Junc 47 .. thats what i meant .. Would be so much easier                                                                                                                                                                              
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

bump                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

There's no timeline, never has been.  Deliberately.

Scrollbars also deliberately left out (to keep the chatroom tidy but also for technical reasons - especially for mobile phone users)

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7134 seconds. There are 647 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption