Timeline in Chat box?

25 Posts | Latest reply on 15/11/2011 01:01:12 by Junction47 | Go to original / last post
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

In: Swansea
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

make or break time.. "constructive criticism alert":

"the problem with that then is that nobody will go into the chatroom.
It's been suggested before and I decided against the idea.
If everyone sees the last post was 4 hours ago - nobody will go into it. Whereas if you don't know, you'll open the chat to have a look.  Because it's a popup window you'll be likely to then leave it open until someone else logs in."

Everyone who has an opinion on this has disagreed, Matt.
What about the basic "No.of members in Chat: ...." ?

Whilst I commend you on building the forum yourself, I see no sense in all the 'deliberate' omissions (email notifications, basic Chat features, Firefox users, whatever). Please correct me if I'm wrong, but technical problems would surely have been overcome in the years the site has been running(?)  It's an ongoing process, right?

I can't base it on anything, but I'm Sure more members would be inclined to take out subscriptions on a fully-featured forum.. especially if it had an area where Standard members could post (containing only the current 'Newbies' sub-forum?) - and see what they're missing..

(Personally) I see the £5 or £6 /month as payment for (potentially) meeting a great bunch of like-minded bike-lovers.. the rally/camping/party side of things. Whether I can justify renewing the subs or not before Xmas is a decision for later.

Take it or leave it, delete it or not, its jmho.
Steve

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

It all works ok for me, its only a click of a button to se if any one is still in, if not you only have to put some posts on and often someone will come in and join you, it easy to see if anyone is talking in there when your on the site as you see the new posts coming up. Why change something that works lets keep it simple. Thumbs Up

Junction47's Profile
Junction47

Bill, thanks for your input.. I've seen you (and lots of others) go into chat numerous times and leave a few posts thinking someone is in there, or about to join, before posting a 'bye' or 'later' message.  Happened again today, am I right?
Truth is mate, it Can be improved on, even if it's something as simple as the 'no.of ppl in chat' suggestion..

heh, you only have to put up with me for another month ;)

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

just been in now, no one was there but no problem, i dont se how a time line would help my as i'm quite happy just poping in now and again to say hello                                                                                                                                                                              
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

that suits people who don't mind going into an empty chatroom and waiting. If the chatroom had a timeline or counter people can still go into the empty chatroom if they so wish, but those Not wishing to wait around/leave msgs can choose not to.. best of both worlds?

n/m Bill, it's just me blowing the leaves.  If Matt specifically wants the forum & chatroom as it then I guess that's it, it is his forum after all.

steve

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1875 seconds. There are 692 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption