Changes to the Motorcycle test again

10 Posts | Latest reply on 13/10/2011 20:40:22 by Ragnar | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

From the MCN:   Changes to the motorcycle test aimed at improving safety have emerged. Exercises in which many learners have crashed will be conducted at lower speeds to make them safer. Previously learners have been strictly required to reach at least 31mph before swerving around cones and performing an emergency stop, but trials are underway in which they only have to go 27mph. They are also given more time to prepare with an 85-metre straight run-up to exercises. In the current test they only have a few metres' straight run-up. At the moment the exercises take place off-road on circuits at test centres but the trials simulate how they will be conducted when they are moved to the road within months. It means learners will sit a single on-road test whereas now they must take two, one off-road and one on. Roads minister Mike Penning announced his intention to move the test to road in MCN last year but details of how it will be conducted – including the new 27mph minimum speed and longer run-up – have just emerged.    The speed has already recently been lowered from 31 to 30mph, and rules relaxed so that going too slowly counts as one 'fault' instead of instant failure. The plans are revealed in a document sent to rider training firms taking part in the trials, with real learners on a ‘mock roads’ at race tracks including Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Mallory Park, and Rockingham between now and November. A Department for Transport spokeswoman confirmed: "We are trialling new manoeuvres." Read our full report on the new test in MCN, on sale now.                                                                                                                                                                             
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

In: Swansea

Looks as if they've actually made an improvement this time(?!)

link to the page:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2011/October/oct1311-changes-to-bike-test-revealed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Agree at 1st glance it looks like it could be an improvement ... Time will tell if the trials become law                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

well I'm gonna wait till next year to do me test, hopefully when these 'changes' have been implemented!                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Grrrrrrr  why couldn't they have realised this sooner???    I paid £650.00 last year to do the DAS only to fail on the speed test (47kmph instead of 50kmph!!)    The only reason I could afford it was because of my redundancy money...   I know it wouldn't cost as much to do it again ( I wouldn't do the 5 day course) but it's still money i can't afford!!  Angry   I think I can safely say I can ride a bike!!   *soz rant over  lol*                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

can u not just do the mod 1 test again and borrow a mates bike , should be alot cheaper ,                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I think I can safely say I can ride a bike!!   But can you ride a bike safely, without bits falling off?WinkLOL   ps - I hope you've kept that flattened Vimto carton, you never know...                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yeh Mad.. I could, or even possibly do it on my own bike ( IF no more bits drop off!! lol)     yeh cheers XK.. it's almost a perfect colour match! lol   I will have to wait until next spring now,  I think.   I shall be watching this latest news with interest.                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

It is frustrating for folk taking the plunge,
Trying to be legal, given that we have such disparity
Across European countries taking what should be the
Same test!!

But honestly glad I'm not having to do it now,
Being older has @ least this advantage.
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Karey. If you have your own bike do a A2 test £15.50 for the Mod 1 and £75 for the Mod 2 and if you want a  bigger bike within the two years just stick a kit on it.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 655 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption