Electric problem at home

17 Posts | Latest reply on 11/10/2011 12:06:08 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi. Is there any electricians out there that can help me with a problem with my sockets fusing and tripping everything out? Please.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

oh crikey, what a nightmare ! Can't help you personally Sarah, but a while ago there was a post started about what we all do as a profession, I'm sure there was some electricians on there, hope this helps and there is someone in your area xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

do you know any firefighters? (not being pervy honest) alot of them have done their electrician training - the couple of friends I know from fire service around here have electrician as a second job.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No I don't know any firemen unfortunately tcat. But thanks for the info.

Thanks Nutkin I'll try and have a look through if I can find the old thread

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I've tried looking for the old thread and I can't find it, if it was of a certain *age, and had no posts for a long time, Matt may have deleted/hidden it.   * I can't remember how old they have to be when Matt removes them and I can't remember the exact title.    It's a tricky situation, and one I found myself in 3 yrs ago, all the good craftsmen/professionals are very busy and can't do it, one of them told me that putting a shower in wasn't a big enough job so he wouldn't do it, the ones who are available are the ones to be wary of, check the work, that they've already done for others, before you let them loose on your home.                                                                                                                                                                                  
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Sandi. I couldn't find it either lol. I may have found someone to come and look at least. He's the husband of someone my hubby works with so should be ok. I hope!!

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Hope he can sort it for you Sarah, good luck Thumbs Up

bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Does that mean that I have to stop looking for a fireman for you now Sarah??                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Ok best I can say is unplug every item you have then plug in 1 at a time untill your electric trips out then you have the item that is fulty  if it trips out with all unpluged call a sparky in                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Thanks for the tip John Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Don't that jp, still no joy :-(                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Ok you have a wire come adrift in the back of a socket you would have to open each on and check the wires tight on all plug sockets or call out a sparky                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks jp. Think I'll have to do that. Got a spark coming hopefully                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Probley for the best it hurts after a few shocks lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lone-rider:
Your Sparkie friend will probably have sorted it by the time you get to read this but:

Is there a loud pop or crack when it goes or does it just trip off silently?

And do you know if the consumer unit/fusebox has an RCD on any of the circuits?
- They are fantastic for safety but will cause nuisance tripping if you have an appliance that's leaking current from live or neutal to earth! can be a right pain in the arse to figure out if its only intermittent!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi. No he's not coming till Saturday. It does make a noise when it trips but I assumed it was just the noise of the mains switch. It is an RCD box. It's very sensitive but not this bad normally                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Now it's tripping straight away as soon as I flick the trip back on with nothing plugged in eeek!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 770 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption