Motorway Speed limit rising to 80 mph

51 Posts | Latest reply on 09/10/2011 16:59:17 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

Just back from Italy and i can definately say they take no notice of ANY road signs, speed limits, lanes, even direction on 1 way systems lol

My big bug bear on motorways are folk who hog the middle lane at 55mph whether there is anything in the inside lane or not.  Which means that you have to pull over 2 lanes just to pass them !!!

Do think its time we changed with the times, i mean we have altered the inner city speed limit to adjust to more pedestrians, so why not the motorway limit for more cars.
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I first started biking abroad in 1979 back then everyone except the eyeties drove really well, about 10 years ago I noticed that most countrys drivers were adopting the uk mentality even the must do it by the rule book Germans, the French have always been the best at letting a bike pass on national roads, sometimes you might not want to pass but have to or get peppered by the crap thrown up from the verges when they pull right over.
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

In: Nottingham for n

Be intresting to see if they'll enforce the law more on the motorways i.e more speed cameras, traps etc if they increase the limit to 80mph as they can say you've got no excuse we've just increased the limit for you or they won't bother and it just encourages more folk to drive over the ton (when the traffics actually moving that is) .....
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

most people dont seem to know how to join a motorway. they just tootle along at 60. if theres a lorry or car  in the inside lane they wont accelerate and pull in front of it, the'll put the brakes on and slow down to 50 to drop in behind it. (tough luck for any poor sod behind them)  or they just barge onto the motorway into any poor sod in the inside lane. this ones a womans favourite.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I might be being a bit sceptical here, but !!   Wasn't there a fall in petrols sales at Tescos announced this week, so i guess its just the fatcats trying to recoup some money by letting us lot ride/drive faster it'll boost petrol sales...   I was watching an old episode of Top Gear on Dave t'other week and the petrol price was 94.9 bugger me that was only a few years ago, now look at it; in another 5 years it'll be almost double again   Yep lane disipline is shi*e in the UK, you have morons sitting in the 2 outside lanes doing 40-50mph, i undertook one last week and i got all the flashing headlamps and mad tooting, i was tempted to stop and say "well then move over you fCensoredkwitt"   The reason lane disipline is so much better in France, etc, is they will get an on the spot fine if caught sitting in the outsides lanes, where as in this country the cops are too busy chasing speeders doing 31 in a 30.... makes me mad Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

XK... If you want trucks out of the middle lane and to stay in the near side lane, then you would never get on or off the motorway because it would just be one long line of slow trucks... My last truck was limited to 53mph.. No matter how much I complained nothing was done about it... Some foreign drivers only do 50mph over here, esp if they are in no rush. 

Your idea is a no brainer... Thumbs Down LOL

I drove trucks for 18 years, the same ones that JP drives... Its not an easy job as it seems... Tongue

LOLLOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No worries Debs, jp has promised to educate me at the Autumn Camp next week. I'm looking forward to both.Thumbs Up   ps - how's yr foot?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

XK... Its still attached to my leg and getting better thank you... LOLLOL

just fed up that I cant go out on my bike... grrrr ..Cry

Have a great time at the camp.. Thumbs Up

Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

off topic a bit, but the main thing which annoys me about trucks (actually any driver, but trucks have a lot more inertia) are the ones who seem to think its a good idea to sit right up your back end - so all you can see is their radiator grill in the mirror- whether on a motorway or an A road - and especially if the speed is being dictated by traffic infront.   I give trucks plenty of room when I am around them no matter what I'm riding or driving, and it pees me off when they don't grant me the same.   "yeah little car, I don't really car if your kids are in the back seat, and we're going past a school at hometime  - I'm still going try an push you along because I can. and even with a full wagon I still mistakenly believe I can stop in a shorter distance than you . . ."   Well if they raise the speed limit to 80 I wonder if they will be stricter with breaking the limit or still give the 10% leeway?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

tc... We will always get the good and bad drivers whatever they drive.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

oh yeah Deb - this I know Cool                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 700 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption