Looking for a weekend away with great roads and all the other trimmings of views, walks etc etc

21 Posts | Latest reply on 03/10/2011 16:33:27 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Wonder if anyone can help . I'm going away for the weekend next week, weather permiting i will going on my bike. I live in Louth in Lincs and only really want to travel around 100-120 miles to my destination, so Peak district, Yorkshire and Norfolk are my choices. At the moment I am toying with Scarborough, Whitby,Matlock,Ashbourne or Cromer. Has anyone got any other ideas for what i'm looking for please. Thanks in advance                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Dave,
If you end up going north to whitby, try to stop near "whistle stop cafe"
It's in centre near river, biggest bike meet cafe around, lots
Friendly folk.
ALL the roads out either west to "hole of horcom" Pickering helmsley thirsk.
Or north to "staithes" saltbur Redcar via coast n back over moors
Via stokesly guisbourgh are some of the county's best bike roads.
Shh!!! Don't tell anybody!
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Whitby !!! Great walking too :>> Not sure when you were last at whistle stop, yeti, but no longer a biker stop as such...have to fight for space with the cars and pay :<< but there are still a couple of free spots just outside the cafe and it's still a biker-friendly stop. 

Robinhood Bay always my favourite but need to park outside the village and walk in:>                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

@ alice, always during day during week! (well very ocasionally sat afternoon) but know waht you mean though i never pay? (aaahem)                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

theres a good pub near ipswich ,quiet and free camping , Beer,                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

lol @ alice. . .Robin hood bay. . . You need to walk in. What she omitted to say is you need to walk down. . . Then walk up again lol. It's lovely but don't forget your oxygen cylinder! if you fancy the peak district you could head to leek / ashbourne area then join up with the bm lot doing the roaches weekend and do the ride out and in climbing around on the roaches rock formation
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Save Cromer for the ride-out from the Autumn camp at Friskney, 14 - 16 Oct - see Events.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

Sounds like a nice ride your proposing Dave, up to Whitby than Scarborough, Matlock, Asbourne and Cromer than back home. Do able in a day but think you ought to call in at Squires as well

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks all, I think it's going to be whitby, which i was secretly hoping for. Especially thanks to Bill who thinks i'm superman by travelling to all those places in one day on a blade...my bloody shoulders are aching thinking about it, but thanks anyway
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

Dave that's all in a days riding for Bill and he'd probably find another couple of stops on his way home LOL We were in Whitby a few weekends ago and yes it's a great place to visit and the ride across the moors is awesome Thumbs Up We called in Squires for breakfast and called back later for dinner as it's about halfway for us coming from Derbyshire Big smile Have a safe ride Thumbs Up....HB                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

your right H B would also take in Hutton- le-Hole on the way there, Seaways on the way to Squires and could do with a biker cafe between Ashbourne and Cromer, then Willingham Woods on the way back. Easy Pesy nice ride on a Fireblade

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I suppose that's why we are called southern shandy drinkers!, I'm a mockney from watford                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

well with you saying Louth i thought you were nearly a northerner LOL, if your out that way you could also look in at Helmsley market place which is a popular bike stop and dont forget Squires at Sherburn in Elmet just of the A63 on the B1222 near Leeds its the biggest and best biker stop in Britain
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Bill, I've had a look at squires and may get a visit, depends what the wife wants. Well i know what she wants but i won't go into that. Thanks for your suggestions                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cromer's lovely and if your going to do any walking, FLAT lol We also have some of the best coast roads around, this would give the Mrs some lovely scenery to look at as your pilly.                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Bill do you get commission (cornish pasty & milky coffee) every time you mention squires???                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

i'v been sused Min how did you know, shall have to see Jason about this                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

Just read the above comments and know why i moved to Ireland. All those places are old haunts of mine but was hacked off with more and more cameras and cops. Wherever you end up let us know how many times you were pulled over by traffic...... You thought about ireland? LOL   Actually if you're thinking of Peak district Bakewell has some nice places to stay and visit and some good roads around. Get a map and stay off the regular bike routes like the A6!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for the heads up on that kwak, I live out in the sticks and working cameras and police are non existent, so i'm sure i would have been caught out somewhere oop north. Your ref about Ireland, as much as i like Ireland i thought the road surfaces were worse than here, I did travel up from east to the west coast, not sure if all roads are bad , but the one i went on was terrible
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks to all who suggested Whitby as a weekend away, have to say it was bloody brilliant, I will be going back. Thanks again                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 1276 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption