mass demo on sunday

76 Posts | Latest reply on 01/10/2011 20:36:48 by Alice2 | Go to original / last post
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Didn't realise there was that many at Reading, never got to know what was happening at the back. Weather was good, looked a bit wet for the northern riders in the photos.                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

has anybody seen any mention of this on the news at all?                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

not a whisper  Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

There was a bit yesterday, but it wasn't much  Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

There was film on both of our local stations yesterday.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'd be surprised if it gets any national coverage - it's no secret that the media has been asked to give as little coverage to motorcycling as possible.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I saw it on the BBC news last night - they had footage of the bikes on the motorway but made no mention of the Range Rover that was cutting through them to change lanes in the footage!                                                                                                                                                                              
marsey's Profile
marsey

In: South Cumbria

http://news.google.co.uk/news/more?q=bikers+protest&...CC4QqgIwAA                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Was that the same one that 'took out' a sports bike V???                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

I don't read the comic called the Sun, but they had an article on page 2, at least they didn't hide it where it wouldn't be found.                                                                                                                                                                              
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Around 300 from M3 Fleet Services going Southbound with huge support from peeps on bridges an overpasses. Even had old Bill waving to us (prob had camera's in their hands .. nah !! I'm not cynical LOL ) and the force hellychopter was out an about too......... Good grin it was Thumbs Up   Huge tailbacks but we were down to around 30 mph at times ooopps heehee Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Next time we have a protest ride, let's make damn sure we include the roads outside the media offices!Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Good thinking XK...and we'll have a bigger placard too (if I can hold it!!)

I have some "fair-weather" biking friends who had no idea of the protest in spite having been held up on the M62 (in the car!!). I find it incredible that there was so little coverage..is that truly what happens to biking news?? Does it really just get shoved to the side unless one of us happens to be killed by a crap car driver?? I'm flabbergasted  by the lack of interest.                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Me too Alice. I bought our local rag the Westmorland Gazette today cos photos were taken for the wezzy Gezzy before our lot set off on Sunday   Now NOTHING newsworthy ever happens here, but can't spot any mention of the demo at all! A lady who scooped the jackpot in the 'spot the dog' competion (£1800) did however make the front page, There was also a full page on 'dumped terrapins causing turtle mayhem' as discarded reptiles bite the legs of ducks in lakes and rivers....I like ducks and care very much about them but honestly Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Clearly, word has gone out from Big Brother to the media  DO NOT REPORT THIS EVENT AngryThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Any comment via MAG ??                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4824 seconds. There are 578 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption