Still having trouble with ladders on the M1

18 Posts | Latest reply on 16/09/2011 10:20:32 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

That's right on the M1 coming back from the KISS rally. There's me thinking how nice and easy it is after riding in the wind and the rain and the dark of the night before when shit!!! there's a double extension ladder laid on the road just  a few feet in front of me!!! been following a 4x4 in the outer lane at silly speeds, not enough room to swerve and not enough time anyway, just aimed to miss the ends, the 4x4 had driven over them with out hitting them, didn't think i would but obviously i did or i would't be here now. Never been so frighten in my life it was a bit like looking down the barrels of a shot gun just before the triggers pulled, if i'd just been an inch closer  i'd be dead now. I would probable of sheared of  the side of them and hit the center barriers . That's two close encounters with ladders in the last few months hope there's not another, So just remember stay alert out there and dont ride beyond your ability
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Hope you stopped and picked them up bill there a few quid to buy new lol                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

How could someone not realise that they had lost their ladders though!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

((((shudder)))) ((((shudder))))   Oh my god Bill, that was a close rung thing   Phew - I'm so glad to see shimmying you perefected on the dance floor came in really handy Bill   oooh, I bet they realised they lost their ladders BL, but not a lot you can do about it when you're in the outside lane on the M1....probably legged it quick so they wouldn't be associated with the carnage that could have happened                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Mr Bill you have the conjoined lives of several cats me thinks.

As i said to you at the time you also must have the reactions of good knows what to have avoided it :)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Not having much luck with ladders, are you BillStern Smile   Glad you're okThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

Think they had only just fell of a van that was on the hard shoulder along with two cars with flat tyers. I stopped in the services nearby and the driver of a car came in after me with a split front panel and said the road was full of bits of body work and cars on the hard shoulder
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Bloody Hell, Bill. So glad you had enough experience and luck to pull this one off. Promise never to giggle at the length of some of your ride-outs again...all that practise was clearly invaluable LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Goodness Bill, glad to hear your ok hon, Glad it was not dark!

Jackie is right, you have stolen the lives of many cats, never mind one!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes, it must have been more luck than judgement...we all know Bill can't ride for toffeeWink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wow, glad you're ok Bill. How scaryShocked                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

BILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shocked
be careful, who's going to give all the ladies cuddles if you're not around??

Hug

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Glad you're alright Bill x                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

Aye good miss!! Try taking it one rung at a time !!

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

Your right about the dark Shell or even if it had been rain, it still makes me shiver to think of it. It's probably best not to think about it as we're so vulnerable out there, we know the risks and just have to get on with it otherwise we'd never ride our bikes.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Scary stuff and a ½!!

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Bl**dy Hell Bill!!! have just caught this thread ...in the imortal words of Monty Python....You Luckeeee Barst*rd!!!!  Hug SOOOOOOO glad you're safe...although I suspect you need new leathers now?.....can dry cleaners get brown stains out of leather?? Confused Mega big hugs to you (again!) Big smileHug                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

thanks HG yes i had to clench my cheeks a bit, i was working on ladders again this week and the wind blew them over just as i stepped of them, some people never learn LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 776 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption