HELP... Boots sprung a leak.

17 Posts | Latest reply on 19/09/2011 19:49:00 by harry worth | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

My boots have sprung a leak and I need to buy a new pair.

A hole has appeared on the bottom which is not repairable. They were only cheap ones from fleabay and would now wish to get a decent pair.

Can anyone recommend a good make without it costing me the earth. I have seen a pair of Hein Gericke thats been reduced to £92.

Are these any good?

Please can anyone help as I have no clue about whats good or bad.. Confused  

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Personally I dont like 'Bike boots'. I tend to go for high top Cat work boots. They are equally comfortable for riding, walking, and climbing on roofs(my job).                                                                                                                                                                              
pistonbroke72's Profile
pistonbroke72

In: Southampton

Hein Gericke do what they call an 'all day' boot. They don't cost the earth and I have worn mine all day without any discomfort. Good on the bike and you can walk in them too!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

@ Slidy, Just looked for some cat boots on their website but they dont have high ones in my size. Infact the womens arnt big enough for me Disapprove
Even the mens size dont have the high ones I want..

@ pistonbroke72. The ones Ive seen are the Bullson Maddox Boots that are on their website.. They look comfy. There is a store near me so may pop over tmrw to try a pair on.. Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Autburgs not spelt right hay ho,a bit dear but 100% water proof and comfy                                                                                                                                                                              
46kittykatt46's Profile
46kittykatt46

In: Birmingham

I would recommend hein gerick boots, had mine over 10 years and still waterproof  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

As Sumo says Alt-Berg, not cheap but can be totally refurbished when needed, they are like new when you get them back. I've used mine like welly boots when fishing in Scotland no water gets in.                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Plus Altberg can hand cut the calf or whatever when you have a "those must be the biggest calves I've ever seen" moment!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

try one of the big bike shops near you - they may have some boots that are discontinued from last season - may be able to pick em up for about £30 - failing that a decent pair of motorcycle paddock boots like Blytz for about 25-30 quid                                                                                                                                                                              
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

You could always have a rideout to the BMF tailender on saturday. There'll be plenty to choose from there.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Oooh Weirdo!!  Shame on you!  Surely she can't have a ride out to the BMF on Saturday because every single BMer (that's Bikermatch-er not Bum-mer!) should be at the KISS rally!!

Except I won't lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Altbergs definitely the way forward                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

a pair thats waterproof and fit YOU. I have alpinestars SMX plus love them but not cheap and dont suit everyone                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

altbergs are ok,,,but the lace up ones for bikes,,,think the ordinary biker style ones look a bit naff,,,and not all are waterproof,,,all info is on thier website,,,and costs ££££££,,,,but for a really nice ride out thier factory is in richmond,,,just of A1 at scotch corner,,,a great place for a visit,,,and get feet measured as well,,,including half sizes and most widths !!!
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

I hear plaster of paris boots are quite good Debs...Though not quite waterproof...Get well soon girlThumbs UpHug

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Even the best boots won't save your ankle if you can't control your right wrist! Wot a plonker!LOL ps get well soonHug                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Hey Debs, just had a mailshot from M&P they are doing fully waterproof Raptor sports boots  for £45                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 707 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption