Ben Gautrey 600 Superstock rider dies at Cadwell

9 Posts | Latest reply on 30/08/2011 13:06:59 by geoffb2005 | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

R.I.P Ben Unhappy   http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=...ewsid=5451   Former Gymnast and footballer, Ben went into bike racing in 2008..more info here:-   http://www.bikesportnews.com/features-detail.cfm?featur...o%20racing                                                                                                                                                                               
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

We saw it .. it wasn't nice.                                                                                                                                                                             
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

This is terribly sad news added to the two poor lads who died at the Manx, not good a week for biking, our thoughts are with all the families at this time.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

such a shame to loose ones life so young,thoughts with the family

sal x

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Terribly sad for all involved including the crowd that was there.Just been reading the link above , so so sad.  Of all the places on Cadwell that you think are the most dangerous, this you would not think is not one of them. Although the stats ( reliable source ' the circuit manager)say the worst accidents are on the start finish straight and the bottom of the mountain   what i mean by worst accidents, is injuries                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Thoughts to his family xxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Apparently he was hit by 2 other riders, 5 riders went down in total..    sympathies to all those involved..
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/08/30/bri...-23382521/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

So sad. I was there but didn’t see it happen and was oblivious of the crash. My thoughts to his family.                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

He was mid-pack on the first lap, so all the riders were very close.

I believe he lost the back wheel coming out of the right hander immediately before the mountain.  Anywhere else and he would have simply slid off the track, but the gradient stopped him leaving him laying across the track about two thirds up the hill.

The rider immediately behind him managed to avoid him, I don't know how, but he did.  But the two riders following went straight over his torso with sufficient force to roll him up to the top.

There was nothing they could have done.  It was just a freak accident, no-one's fault.  And I have no doubt that the investigation will come to the same conclusion.

RIP young man.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 859 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption