Triumph Sprint 995

4 Posts | Latest reply on 03/09/2011 07:23:43 by davidneale | Go to original / last post
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A firend of mine is looking into getting a Triumph Sprint 995 He is not looking at buying new but possible 4 or5 years old.   Can anyone give any feedback on this model.   Problems etc Handling   Any info will be a bonus to him.   Thanks David                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

its the most fantastic bike lol (im biased as I have one a 2001 model)  handles well comfortable seat, takes a good load for camping etc basically Ilove mine great on bends and on the motorway and for me there is always more power if you need it.

Good for pillys and the seat is in one and confortable for both

errrrr triple engine  frame I like better than the daytona (imo)

is not a light bike well protected with the fairing

when it very hot (weatherwise) can be hot on short jorneys if you doing lots of them but has a fan which kicks in (although once my timing was sorted this was much better. (electronic)

mine is a single swing arm so is lder not sure what the newer models are like but have had good feedback of other riders with them i have 40,000 odd miles on mine and still great.

I was hit from behind by a car driver and shunted ont the middle lane of a roundabout, this pushe my exhaust round but no other damage to bike so solid as well and i did get it checked all over

:)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

make syre that the fairing fits properly - especially around the headlight units as I have seen a few with some strange looking gaps - Also the seat height can be a little high so maybe make sure that he can sit on it ok - if hes long in the leg then should have no issue - but my dad at 5ƍ" found it too high - Im 5Ə" so was more or less ok, but I think if I was an inch shorter it would be borderline.                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

earthwind  & tcat Thankyou very much for this feed back. It's looking good for my friend as he seem's to have set his heart on this bike but wanted to be sure. I advised him to try and get a test ride from somewhere and then he would finally know. I am glad for him that there is no negative feedback so far.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1719 seconds. There are 478 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption