Northwesters and the K.I.S.S. convoy

98 Posts | Latest reply on 08/09/2011 20:22:11 by Stroggyman | Go to original / last post
Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hmmm seems that Lymm is a decided meeting point hope Ceticsilver is putting it on his route LOL

Name - Departure Location - rough time - Postcode - Preferred route

Celticsilver - Glasgow - Thursday 1100 - G21 - Motorway and or A roads
Wildchick67 - Glasgow - Thursday 1100 - G21 - Motorway and or A roads
Stroggyman - Liverpool - Friday open time - L21 can do A roads from here but can fit in whatever suits
tcat - Huddersfield - Friday (no set time) - HD3 - A57(snake)-Bakewell-Matlock Bath -A38
andyzzr Liverpool 26 any time any road
Wenders-Shropshire sy10-Friday anytime-anyway the wind blowsThe 3 degrees!  (Minnie, Madhat & Blackberry) M6 Lymm Services about 10ish  (hoping name change will scupper any plans BJ may have!)
UKHarleyRider fitting in lol

desres's Profile
desres

In: Pontblyddyn

Just a suggestion, but I'd have thought the most obvious route from Lymm would be M6 and for those wishing to avoid the M6, the A49, converging on the Raven/Whitchurch, then Quatt (Bridgenorth) cafes in order to meet up with others. Those like myself, who are west of the A49 can opt either to head east for Whitchurch, or south for Quatt.

At a steady group pace from Lymm, should take an hour tops to the Raven, a further hour to Quatt, and about 40 mins to the event. Allows you set ETA/ETD's for folks to plan around. What do we think peoples?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

that sounds like an excellent plan desres - have you allowed for hedge detours??!! lol xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
desres's Profile
desres

If you see green bits in my teeth, you'll know it's not cabbage...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol - you can wash it down with the drink i owe you!! xx                                                                                                                                                                             
desres's Profile
desres

Talking of drinks, is the plan to centre on the pub or a social club bar (presumably with keg Dead beer)? I may need a back-up plan to guarantee some decent beer...Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

theres loads of stuff from a while back re how many kegs of beer needed - i think its all under control!! xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
desres's Profile
desres

Hhmm. Saw lots about the quantity needed, not a lot about the actual beers though. Everyone's taste is different. You still get people going into pubs with 12 hand-pulls asking, "Which one is most like John Smith's Smooth-flow?"... Dead 

Might have to take a detour through Bishop's Castle...                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

sounds like a plan Des. all you need now is a time to meet and people can plan what they are doing                                                                                                                                                                              
desres's Profile
desres

Simples:

Lymm ETA 10:00 - ETD 10:20
Raven/Whitchurch ETA 11:20 - ETD 11:40
Quatt ETA 12:40 - ETD 13:00
Stoke Prior ETA 13:40

Should allow enough time for fag/tea/bathroom breaks? And to round up stragglers and delays                                                                                                                                                                             
andyl250's Profile
andyl250

In: liverpool
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

sounds lik a quality idea 2 me des iam up 4 it Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

and remember that anyone from these parts who would like me to bring any gear for them, just get in touch - wirral/liverpool/chester ish area! x                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

thanks mandy and evryone :)                                                                                                                                                                              
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Nice idea Desres, i can be at the raven for 11.20 easy life. Anyone told you lately you're a star Des!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
desres's Profile
desres

Pick you up on the way if you like... Meeting BOD007 1st, Royal Oak Kinnerton I'm guesing, but from there we can either swing by yours or meet you at the RAVEN. Your call. Is your sister going to be with you, or making her own way there..?                                                                                                                                                                             
Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

Right cheers desres you've done my job for me mate LOL

here we go the the route as planned from the meeting point at Lymm services is as follows along the A49/A458/A442

Lymm          WA13 0SP ETA 10:00 - ETD 10:20

Raven/Whitchurch SY13, UK ETA 11:20 - ETD 11:40

Quatt WV15 6QJ ETA 12:40 - ETD 13:00

Stoke Prior B60 4AL ETA 13:40

Should allow enough time for fag/tea/bathroom breaks? And to round up stragglers and delays

Cheers folks see ya's there eh

Stroggy

wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Cheers Desres will meet ya at Raven no probs. No sis aint going as she cant get there, its difficult for someone on a bike to take a pilly with all camping stuff!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

no one going by car from your way who can squeeze her in wenders??? x                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Wenders get her the bus coach or train then local pickup                                                                                                                                                                               
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Due to work commitments i'm not leaving Manchester till about 6. Happy to give someone a lift as will be under diesel power.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8120 seconds. There are 1301 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption