Garmin new maps

9 Posts | Latest reply on 03/09/2011 21:09:43 by oldyeti | Go to original / last post
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just uploaded new 2012 maps to sat nav, what a palaver, girl at Garmin had to take over and run laptop and it took her over 1/2 hour. then it took 3and a half hours to download on my dongle, had to recharge it twice used about 5g, and that was only uk maps, got to put Europe on a 4gb SD card. Why can't they delete all internal memory and go from there. All of western Europe is on the Mac somewhere, not found it yet, I know its there I got over 10g of memory missing and used.
Could have bought an awful lot of maps.Confused

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Goodness Harry that sounds like an issue for you 

Ian n I both have Garmins which we have lifetime updates for & have never had any issues doing updates ... certainly not like that. 

Which is it ?  Ian has Zumo 550 & I have Zumo 660                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Buy a map of Europe take about 2 mins from shelf to till                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Hi Shell, Zumo 550, me and computers don't get on, not enough practice, miss things and don't double click when one should.                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

like shell, have lifetime maps, zumo 550, but an earlier one (with the 2gig memory) so have to delete lots every time i update otherwise not enough memory to download,   such as saved routes, old "favorites" and recent data, if you do that and just leave it to sort itself out over night its usually ok.                                                                                                                                                                             
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark

If you want to free up space connect it to your pc and within the menu options delete all languages other than the one you want this will give you some extra room  hth If anyone wants a tutorial I will post one ? Twin                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

did that a while ago twin, i think the prob with my nav, is its old (like me) and full of "favorites" being cafes, cake shops, fav roads in europe, and hotels i like, using up its limited memory (2mb instead of the new 5`s)   i do not seem to be able to delete "french emily`s " voice though, that would be just wrong!                                                                                                                                                                             
desres's Profile
desres

In: Pontblyddyn

Too many fond memories with French Emily eh, Yeti? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

least argumentative navigator i`ve ever had, and never once said "i told you so" which is a common occurance with my navigating   (though to be honest that depends on the view, cafes and how twisty the road looks far more than an actual destination if folk are ever stupid enough to let me in front)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6855 seconds. There are 1181 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption