attendees

85 Posts | Latest reply on 22/08/2011 10:35:10 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Looks like I posted late as usual but, have to agree with Boody.  I was down for the yorkshire Pud and the Bulldog Bash, really wanted to do both, not for Karma points, for me.  Sadly my Twin Sister died and I didnt feel like doing either so, I didnt.  Couldnt be a***d about removing my name either...who cares?.
There are a lot of great people on here and a lot of ladies who seem to make this whole thing work, with thier time and effort and sheer warmth. I'm thinking Blackberry, Karey, Shell, Brummie Jackie, Boss Mom, Sandi amongst the ones I have met. Also Trish, Bandit Lover.

Scrap the Karma its the people who matter...if they turn up or not.  If I get into the top 20 blokes, I'm still a shortarse with a CBF600 !!

Got ticket for "No Bull" next week, intend to do "Stormin" and I've paid on Paypal for KISS.  See whoever, wherever, unless I'm struck by lightning or a Volvo.  Oh, and I havent got a picture cos I was asked to resize it and it failed and my bike replaced it, which is not allowed.  Bike is better looking than me anyway!

Happy Motorcycling people.....its what we are all about xxx
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Well I don't think anyone could blame you for not being  a***d about removing your name from the events clarkee...seems a bit trivial don't it Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your sister clarkee. I'm really sorry to hear of your trouble                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I am guilty of doing this and usually if I cant go I do take my name off sometimes even if its after the event and sometimes i add my name  after the event if i have attended at the last minute which i have also done on a number of occasions.

Sometimes life, broken bikes, and money get in the way but I was wondering why some peoples karma rating was so high!!!! (now i know the secret lol I may start putting my name down all over the place 

(I have not been able to get to many things this year and have been so fed up because my bike went on a kamakaze mission.

I dont know if the karma rating is important anyway if I see a boke and think ooooh hes quite nice but he has a very high karma I presume (perhaps wrongly) that he is too popular for me to talk to lol and cba  and probably already dating blah blah blah maybe i am just odd not worth getting upset about thoughm could not give a hoot

soap box packed away lmao Confused

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

so karma on here seems to achieve nothing positive - please scrap it!! lol xx

earthwind's Profile
earthwind

well said that woman lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

LOL @ Alice’s  ‘piepal’ comment.   BTW Alice, I took a list of attendees with me to our very first BM gathering at Matlock Bath, and got ribbed for me trouble lol. I wanted to know who was who.   Thank you for the praise Clarkee, it’s very nice to be appreciated. My condolences on the death of your twin sister. Hug Mandy, Matt introduced the Karma to get people more active on and off the site and hopefully encourage more people to join once they saw what fun the members were having. I’m not competitive so I’d rather not have the karma rating, would be helpful if it was optional, neither am I bothered if I’m on the top 20 list, I’m on here so often folk know where to find me. And for those who think posting more in the forums means a higher karma rating, think again, look at my postings, they are higher than most members then look at my karma rating, quite low. I think Matt deducts point off mine LOL J/K My membership on here is older than the karma rating, heck, until Matt altered his profile, recently, I'd been a member longer than he had. LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

earthwind  I would not worry about karma rating. If you like the look of someones profile go for it, sod the karma. For some reason the guys seem to have higher ratings than the girls, but the girls seem to have more input, so I think it's all bo""ocks. My karma rating at one point went to 46. I don't know why! Since then I have added a lot of postings but I have dropped to 36, still bo""ocks! Its only a number.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

oi sandi -  piepal was mine!!!!! lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Forgive me for mt seemingly dim view of social intercourse. What on earth are the advantages of Karma and does it come with rice.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol!! i dont think karma has any advantages - maybe it strokes the ego of some??x                                                                                                                                                                             
Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

lol @ mandy
have you seen your karma rating??? LOL
lmao

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hahaha - sort of my point - i dont have an ego to be stroked so it just seems a bit sad to me!!
i would happily give up my karma to anyone whod like it - i dont even know what it is!! lolxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

oi sandi -  piepal was mine!!!!! lol   Oops! Big smile sowwy Mandy, my excuse is it's the flu, I'm having more senior moments than usual. Embarrassed lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If only I could give up my real karma!  God only knows what I've done in this life or a past one to have some of the stuff thrown at me that I have lol.   I know Matt spent a lot of time programming the karma thing, but I'd like to see it gone too.  I am spending hours and hours every day on here PMing people and sorting out rally stuff at the moment, haven't even had time to look at mine"                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

This seems to have drifted over to karma and it just goes to show that folk say thay are attending events just to boost there karma its simple if your not going don't say you are if you find you can't make the event remove you name.
All we end up with is more threads for attendees lists to show who is going just makes more problems for the event organizers with the differences in numbers and taking up space on the site with meaningless threads and posts to find the stuff your looking for ok Monday morning moan over
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I dont think there is anything wrong with threads for attendee's lists as that will confirm who wants to be part of the BM crowd on that particular event,,,where as the event page lets you know who is going but may not want to be part of the crowd for various reasons,,,,,,nothing wrong with that...Dont see why it bothers anyone that peeps have thier name down on events and dont turn up then all this bull about Karma !!!!its there so get on with it,,,what difference does it make !!!!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

good point craig re going but not being part of the groupl - and in the greater scheme of things, karma is bull and it makes no difference!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

exactly mandy,,, but as always the site is for everyone and everyones oppinions,,,which i sometimes find interesting reading !!

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

There should be no need for the attendees list just look at the event page when you get members saying there going on a ride out then thay don't it leaves the organizers not knowing numbers for marshals and if all have arrived at the start point                                                                                                                                                                              
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

mmm
to say no one  like the karmer thing is a bit strange to me
as it seens to get everyone talking adout it Ermm

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 1075 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption